Sales Development Representative at Apptio
You: Join the world’s leading software company for IT professionals. You will need a strong knowledge of how to navigate through a sales process, consultative selling skills and ability to manage and focus in a complex and dynamic environment.
We will help you grow your ability to sell large enterprise accounts as well as communicate and build internal relationships with a diverse range of personnel including senior sales executives, product management, field marketing and sales engineering teams.
You will be expected to travel in support of your territory management plan a minimum of three times a year. Opportunities for career development are limitless on the back of a rapidly growing and evolving company.
What we want you to do:
- Own prospecting activities into your account base.
- Develop and execute on a strong prospecting plan of attack, including call scripts, audience segmentation and approach.
- Qualify interested candidates and arrange sales appointments.
- Deliver sales presentation when necessary.
- Track all relevant qualification and lead management activity using SalesForce.com (including calls, prospect pipeline, account notes, etc.)
- Quickly learn the technical aspects of the product, effectively communicate the value proposition and be able to react to objections, competitive questions and other FAQ's.
- Provide business acumen for customers and strive to understand the business problem we are solving in order to best configure the solution and exceed customer expectations.
- Collaborate successfully with Field Sales to optimize team selling productivity.
- Provide value added market intelligence to the Sales, Product, and Customer Success teams.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver above expectation results in driving pipeline revenue opportunities for enterprise software level deals.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct extensive cold calls and email campaigns and navigate org charts.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Creative tactics to reach the executive management of enterprise IT.
- Team player with solid communication and presentation skills.
- Strong skills in data analysis & sales tools use.
- Ability to share best practices, continually improve processes and messaging, and provide clear and consistent reporting to Executive Management.
- Ability to work independently & proactively in a dynamic and aggressive startup environment.
- 2-5 years plus experience in SaaS sales or telephone prospecting is preferred.
- Recent, IT industry and/or enterprise selling experience is preferred. We are looking for someone who is excited to work in a fast moving, high growth company for an opportunity to drive revenue growth and advance a career in large enterprise sales.
**Apptio benefits include Company-Paid employee health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, and generous contributions to a health savings account. We also offer participation in a flexible spending account, 401k and other voluntary programs.
Apptio is the leading software to fuel digital transformation. We help technology and finance leaders make smart decisions as they plan, analyze, and optimize technology investments in pursuit of digital transformation. Apptio’s software uses machine learning to translate technology costs and utilization across on-premises systems, vendors, projects, agile and cloud systems into a holistic, business-centric view. With Apptio, IT leaders make smarter digital transformation investments. Companies of all sizes and geographies trust Apptio to fuel their digital transformation, including 50% of the Fortune 100. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.