Postmates is disrupting local commerce by making everything in your city available to be delivered in minutes. This has unlocked on-demand local shopping — providing consumers the convenience of super fast delivery for the largest selection of goods (anything in the whole city!); the benefit and scale of e-commerce for local merchants; and more flexible work for couriers.
This is a tall order, and Postmates relies heavily on our engineering applications and systems to realize this vision. Even though we are already a billion dollar business with millions of customers in 4200+ US cities trusting us with more than 2M orders every month, we have only just started our technical journey to build our technology stack in a way that can keep up with our rapid growth.
What you’ll do:
The Platform team is responsible for Delivery as a Service, a rapidly growing business unit within the company. As a Sales Engineer, you will be the technical expert responsible for partnering with our business partners to scale and grow their business using the Postmates on-demand Delivery as a Service. Our team is looking for high caliber engineers who love helping merchants launch partnerships, add new features, optimize integrations, and solve real world challenges using the Postmates platform. This position is highly cross-functional, working closely with Engineering, Sales/Business Development, Product Management, Business Operations and more.
- Own the strategy and execution of Postmates partner integrations from end to end and act as primary technical contact for partners during planning, launch, optimization, and growth.
- Experience in building impactful and technically complex software systems
- 5+ years of experience in technical sales or field sales
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and comfort presenting to and meeting with internal and external executive audiences from both SMB and Enterprise.
- Accomplished technical leader with strong track record of delivering results at high speed and quality
- Experience leading implementation projects
- Strong sense of ownership and drive
- Technical background in Web technologies such as HTTP, HTML, XML, and experience with web services (RESTful and SOAP)
- B.S. in Computer Science or related engineering field, or equivalent practical experience
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan (stay aligned with the long-term value you create)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Tasty, healthy lunches and snacks (mostly healthy, but very tasty)
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
- Awesome office in San Francisco close to mass transit