At Qualtrics, our mission is to close experience gaps—the costly differences between what customers and employees expect, and what they’re receiving.
9,000+ organizations worldwide and more than 80% of the Fortune 100 rely on the Qualtrics Experience Management Platform™ to collect, analyze, and act on feedback—more feedback than they ever thought possible. With Qualtrics XM, organizations can handle the four core experiences of business—customer, employee, product, and brand experience. Organizations can be at every significant touchpoint, for every experience, and predict what will resonate most with customers and employees.'
Check out why our employees and clients love being part of the Qualtrics family!
About the Team
As a Sales Engineer you will be responsible for providing pre-sales technical / functional support to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer happiness with minimal supervision. Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Develop and deliver high quality Qualtrics presentations and product demonstrations. Design, validate, and present Qualtrics software solutions to include advanced product concepts, future direction, and 3rd party complimentary products. Present and articulate Qualtrics product's strengths, relative to competitors.
Effectively consult with management of customer organizations. Participate in sales planning and business development activities. Develop and demonstrate moderately complex solutions. Architect solutions and prototype solutions for customers. Participate in industry functions, seminars, and round tables to stay ahead of with industry. Interact with development to enhance/refine Qualtrics products in areas of expertise. Deliver high quality technical Qualtrics presentations and demonstrations in area of expertise.
A Day in the Life
- Provide exemplary pre-sales technical expertise through technical and product presentations, demonstrations, pilot implementations, and ongoing sales consultation
- Drive the adoption of Qualtrics solutions within strategic accounts, rapidly growing usage across departments within the enterprise. Translate product/technical features into value drivers.
- Develop and maintain training materials, and deliver training to improve product knowledge and demo abilities of both inside and enterprise salespeople.
- Build working knowledge of contending products and how to technically sell against them
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Marketing and Engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of existing and new Qualtrics products.
- Respond to initial product requests and frame product issues for discussion and resolution with Product and Engineering teams
- Become an expert in Qualtrics XM Platform and other Qualtrics products
- Develop/maintain technical and business knowledge of industry directions and trends
What are the qualifications?
- Bachelor's degree (E.g. Marketing, Business, Human Resources Management, Organizational Behavior, Organizational Leadership, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, or other quantitative field. Strong academic performance.)
- 3+ years of prior Sales/Systems Engineering, or Solution Architect experience with software in a SaaS/Cloud environment, selling to C/VP level buyers
- High energy, self-starter comfortable with ambiguity in entrepreneurial environments.
- Outstanding professional, sales, and technical capabilities; comfortable supporting both enterprise (field) and inside sales teams on targeted accounts
- Ability to explain and resolve common technical aspects of SaaS software, including security, protocols for APIs, SLAs, email/communication specifications, etc.
- Ability to see and present 'the big picture', architect solutions to tackle customer problems, and uncover business challenges and develop custom solutions to solve them
- Strong customer facing and relationship building skills
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, and closing techniques.
- Possess "best of breed" functional sales experience that could be applied across an entire sales area in general or specific functional categories
- Strong leadership skills and ability to lead, encouraging both individual and team accomplishments
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Ability to pivot to other system related tasks if and when needed
- Ability to travel
What differentiates us from other companies
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours.
- We take pride in our offices design aiming at cultivating creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space.
- On top of standard benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office.
- We believe in sharing Qualtrics success which is part of the compensation for all employees.