About the Company:
Qumulo is the leader in Hybrid Cloud File Storage, providing real-time visibility, scale and control of your data across on-prem and cloud. Qumulo’s real-time analytics enable customers to understand their storage at a granular level, detect bottlenecks and accelerate performance. Built to scale across data center and cloud, Qumulo enables programmatic configuration and management of usage, capacity and performance. Qumulo’s innovative approach continuously delights customers with new capabilities, 100% usable capacity and direct access to experts. See storage made simple at www.qumulo.com.
About the Position:
The Sales Technology Admin is the primary system administrator of the key sales systems for Qumulo including SalesForce and Clari as well as other supporting systems. This role will report to the Mgr of Sales Technology.
- Serve as primary system administrator for the Salesforce.com environment
- Provide support to internal users on Salesforce.com capabilities;
- Gather requirements from stakeholders to implement new processes and system improvements in Salesforce.com
- Coordinate the evaluation, scope and completion of new development requests.
- Establish suitable processes to support administrative, development, and change management activities
- Building new processes and system improvements, testing them, and deploying according to the DevOps process
- Build new skills around Sales Applications in our Sales Tech ecosystem
- The role will have a cross-functional exposure as it implies liaising with various departments, such as: Sales, Marketing, Legal and other relevant lines of business.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Analytical and creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills;
- 3 years Salesforce.com Administrator experience;
- Excellent communication skills (English proficiency is compulsory)
- Salesforce Administrator (ADM 201 and ADM 211) certified / Any additional certification or experience with Salesforce CPQ (SteelBrick) would be a great advantage
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests, and manage laterally and upwards
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Positive attitude, accountable team player, motivation to learn and grow professionally
Qumulo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.