Security Commercial Sales Engineer at Smartsheet
Smartsheet is looking for a proven Sales Engineer – Security Specialist who will provide technical leadership throughout the sales process. We are a fast growing, high revenue-growth Software as a Service (SaaS) company that is changing the way teams and organizations manage and coordinate work. We work in an agile environment that stays focused on building great software and supporting our colleagues. Here you can use the latest web technologies to their fullest potential. We are looking for motivated and intelligent individuals. This high profile role is part of the Sales team and is based at Smartsheet corporate offices in Bellevue, WA.
- Provide security information and guidance as the Smartsheet subject matter expert to prospects, as well as current enterprise users
- Represent Smartsheet’s security and compliance capabilities to prospects; proactively support prospects in performing evaluations; ensure that prospects keep to their security evaluation scope and timelines
- Partner with sales executives by owning the security evaluation process in support of selling Smartsheet’s SaaS platform to prospects and existing customers.
- Travel to customer sites periodically, serving as a technical resource to sales staff, as well as engaging with customer IT professionals regarding integration and data questions
- Be a recognized Smartsheet security expert and develop relationships with key stakeholders in the relevant customer and partner groups associated with SaaS Security and Compliance standards, policies and practices
- Serve as front-line expert for “best practice” and prospect security issues, tracking these issues and ensuring prompt follow up and problem resolution
- Work closely with product management and operations as the customer advocate on security and administration feature requests
- Provide support for preparing security responses, FAQs, knowledge base and case support entries; help define “best practices” for broad usage across large enterprises
- Deliver on, and exceed, all performance targets
- Early stage software, preferably SaaS, technical pre-sales (SE) experience
- 2-5 years experience as a Sales Engineer or relevant security position in the SaaS and/or enterprise soft
- Deep understanding of the security compliance issues faced by prospects transitioning from on premise solutions to cloud based SaaS.
- Familiarity with SOC2 report formats and existing generally accepted security baselines and standards (e.g. FedRAMP, ISO27k, PCIDSS, OWASP, HIPAA...)
- Ability to understand and map third party security baselines to internal implementations.
- Experience participating in a complex, solution-based enterprise sales process
- Experience managing customer Security Assessments
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth software company where change is a constant
- Willing to travel periodically based on customer and business need
- Bachelors (BA/BS) degree required
- Working towards CISSP/CISA or GIAC GSEC
- Nice to have in addition: CCSP/CCSK or SSCP
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation), with the ability to explain technical subjects to non-technical end user personnel in large enterprises
- Passion for working with leading edge, web-based technologies and a desire to expertly demonstrate Smartsheet’s functionality, use cases, business and technical elements
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work everyday. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.