Senior Sales Development Representative at Ekata
Ekata provides global identity verification via enterprise-grade APIs and a SaaS solution. Our product suite is powered by Ekata Identity Engine, the first and only cross-border identity engine of its kind. It uses complex machine learning algorithms across the five consumer attributes of email, phone, name, physical address, and IP to derive unique data links and features from billions of real-time transactions within our customer network and the globally sourced data of our graph. Businesses around the world including Alipay, Stripe, Airbnb, and Microsoft leverage our solutions to approve more good transactions, reduce friction, and find fraud.
As we embark on our next phase of growth, we are seeking a Senior Sales Development/Business Development Rep (SDR/BRD) to serve as a founding member and assist in the creation, development, and management of our first team of sales and business development representatives. This team will be made up of driven individuals, early in their careers and seeking a path to becoming Account Executives or Partner Managers within our company. The Business Development team is one of the first interactions our prospective customers have with Ekata and the SDR/BDR program will be a key driver of our ongoing success. If you have proven success overachieving your KPI’s and goals as an SDR or BDR, a desire to help build the team and enact scalable processes, as well as have a passion for coaching, mentoring, and inspiring people, this is the role for you!
The Senior SDR/BDR Role Has Three Mandates For The Sales Team:
Outbound Business Development Reps at Ekata will run highly targeted prospecting campaigns at assigned targeted and named accounts. This group is a highly operational team that proactively calls into net-new and existing accounts and educates those who have never heard of Ekata about how they can innovate their identity verification and fraud prevention strategy.
- Be a founding member of our outbound Business Development team. Assist leadership as we hire, train, retain, and promote the future AEs & leaders of Ekata.
- Help build predictable, scalable, repeatable, and effective outbound prospecting playbooks to help drive our growth as an organization.
- Fuel the pipeline growth of Ekata in North America by finding qualified opportunities over the phone, email, and social interaction.
These three objectives are crucial in scaling the sales organization and providing a predictable revenue and profit stream.
In the Senior Sales Development Representative role you will:
- Research targeted accounts and execute outbound playbooks at scale, setting up qualified new business opportunities for our Enterprise and Strategic Account Executives.
- Strategically and creatively map target accounts, finding the best way into the organization while securing executive and project sponsorship.
- Help create, improve and oversee usage of standard playbooks and outreach cadences developing a set of best practices and techniques
- Use data to identify and make improvements in process, efficiency, enablement, and productivity.
- Track and communicate weekly goals to team and leadership to drive consistent performance week over week.
- Deliver on meetings set and opportunities generated, as well as report on all weekly, monthly, and quarterly KPIs and performance.
- Proactively identify and launch initiatives to drive new business development growth and operational excellence.
- Mentor and coach junior members of the SDR team, assisting them in their personal career growth and skills development
- Achieve quarterly and annual pipeline and revenue targets.
- Work with marketing and sales ops to ensure thorough follow up on leads.
- Work closely with sales managers and account executives to ensure proper alignment on opportunity quality, and follow-up on handoffs.
- Maintain impeccable data quality and SalesForce CRM hygiene
- Have a maniacal focus on outcomes and impact. Closely monitor metrics – everything from dials per day, conversion rates to opportunities, hand-off to sales, and close rates – with the aim to increase BDR productivity, contribution to pipeline, and bookings.
Our ideal Senior Sales Development Representative will have:
- Proven track record of success – demonstrable experience as an SDR or BDR with phone experience for at least two years with clear goals and KPI achievement for a sales organization.
- Builder mentality- ability and interest in developing new processes while serving as a founding member of the team
- Strategic thinker – able to research and understand the ideal Ekata client profile and become an expert on Ekata’s competitive landscape.
- Team player – you inspire others around you through your effort and ability to play a team game. At Ekata sales is a team sport with collaboration required across many departments
- Data-driven – you are driven by numbers and are constantly finding ways to improve productivity, efficiency, and contribution to the business
- Natural leader – you have a passion for mentoring and coaching a team to success, inspire confidence, and lead by example.
- Results-driven work ethic with measurable results in fast-paced environments.
- 2+ years in a fast-growing startup SaaS environment is a plus.
- Experience using Salesforce, Outreach, ZoomInfo, Gong/Chorus and other prospecting tools
- Strong process and analytical skills to identify inefficiencies and create improvements
Unwavering in our pursuit of standardizing global identity data, we are approachable, real people that genuinely care about the success of those we partner with. With a commitment to service, innovation, and ownership, Ekata is a dynamic place to work for folks who want to make an impact on a global scale. We provide learning & development opportunities for each employee and promote work-life flexibility through self-managed time off. Headquartered in downtown Seattle, Ekata is growing internationally with offices in Budapest, Amsterdam, and Singapore.
To learn more about the experience of working at Ekata, visit: https://ekata.com/careers/.
Ekata prides itself on celebrating diversity, inclusivity, and being an equal-opportunity employer.