Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally changing the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better. We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and others in the freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Tech Titan in 2018.
If working with smart, values-driven people to transform an entire industry sounds like something you’re into, come join Convoy, and help move the world forward.
As the Senior Sales Incentive Compensation Manager you will own the incentive compensation program for the Shipper Sales organization. This includes all aspects of the program, including the design, implementation, and administration of incentive plans for 100+ payees. You will serve a key leadership role on our newly formed Revenue Operations team and be afforded the unique opportunity to build our incentive compensation program from the ground up while also building out a team to support you.
At the core, you will be responsible for aligning our incentive structures with our company’s evolving goals and go-to-market strategies. With Convoy’s rapid growth and the introduction of many new exciting product offerings and selling roles, you must be an experienced compensation plan manager well-versed in the art and science of incentive compensation design and administration. This includes the many forms of variable compensation including commissions, bonuses, prizes, SPIFs, and other recognition.
You also must be a builder at heart as we are still very much in our infancy on our journey to build out a world class incentive compensation program. This includes, but is not limited to building and communicating the plans, establishing best practices and standard operating procedures, the creation of calculation engines and performance measurement metrics, and monitoring plan effectiveness.
It will also be the responsibility of this to introduce Territory Management and Headcount Placement Decision Support to support the Sales Management teams.
You should be highly analytical, resourceful, customer-focused, team-oriented, and have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. You will be comfortable thinking big and diving deep. A proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment.
Come help drive Convoy to the next level!
- Sales Compensation Plan Design:
- Oversee the development of incentive compensation plans for the shipper organization. Responsibilities include:
- Participate in the development of the Company’s overall sales compensation strategy and go to market approach
- Drive revenue & company OKR goal attainment through creative sales compensation strategies
- Complete “what-if” scenario modeling to align achievement of business objectives within the commission budget.
- Analyze and evaluate past performance and trends to determine whether compensation plans are driving expected results.
- Deliver market competitive Incentive compensation plans that attract, retain and motivate top talent in the trucking industry.
- Sales Compensation Plan Implementation:
- Oversee all activities to ensure a successful implementation of the new sales compensation plans. Responsibilities include:
- Create new sales quotas for all commissioned employees.
- Engage with Finance to ensure planned headcount, position, and quota distribution will deliver required business plan revenue within budget.
- Evaluate the current year account assignments and make account re-alignment recommendations based on proposed sales territory and go-to-market re-alignments.
- Collaborate with Sales Management to correctly assign accounts to the appropriate sales individuals, teams, and regions.
- Write and publish the formal sales plan documents and quotas planning documents
- Ad Hoc financial modeling for SPIF programs
- Sales Compensation Plan Administration:
- Oversee the administration of all sales compensation plans for 100+ commissioned employees. Responsibilities include:
- Work closely with Sales leadership to create policies that ensure that the sales compensation plans are administered in a fair and equitable manner
- Formalize and update sales commissioning processes related to the interaction and interdependence between internal stakeholder teams (i.e. Finance, Accounting, Human Resources, Legal, etc).
- Address questions on the sales compensation plans.
- Responsibility for oversight of all one-off requests, disputes, and requests for exceptions to published policies.
- Develop and deliver Sales Compensation New Hire Training and ongoing training and education.
- Provide Ad Hoc reporting support for requests relating to the sales compensation program
- Identify opportunities for ongoing process improvements and automation.
- Responsible for all communications surrounding incentive plans
You have the following skills and experience:
- Management experience with a track record of building successful compensation programs and teams
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, Human Behavior or related field
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to synthesize, simplify and explain complex problems to different types of audience. Comfortable to lead and influence without authority
- Must have 5-10 years experience at a management or senior administrative level working with company leadership designing and administering successful sales compensation plans.
- 5+ years of experience in program management, project management, marketing/sales operations, and process improvements for high-technology companies or products.
- Strong communication skills a must - heavy focus on writing ability, public speaking skills (across all channels including executive management team presentations)
- Proficient in Excel/Google Sheets or other compensation calculation tools is required
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while remaining cognizant of company strategies.
- Ability to easily incorporate new strategies into day-to-day activities.
- Proven time management skills: experience multitasking, prioritizing, and executing tasks in a high-pressure, complex, quota-driven sales environment.
- Experience in Fortune 1000 & start up organizations preferred
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!