Technical Account Manager at Outreach
- Manage and cultivate the technical relationship and communication with Enterprise Premium accounts
- Drive resolution of complex production issues, including: escalation, system testing, strategy sessions and distribution of knowledge throughout the company
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of existing systems and new systems in order to provide accurate assistance and training to customers and CSR Team
- Understanding of the workflow that each of the enterprise customers utilize in conjunction with Outreach.
- Act as a trusted technical advisor for Outreach
- Interface with internal groups like Customer Success and Engineering for problem resolution and issue escalation
- Act as the liaison and customer advocate inside Outreach
- Ensure consistent delivery of all Enterprise Premium Support program components
- Participate in special projects, as required, under general supervision that enhances the quality or efficiency of the Technical Support Team and support service (e.g., monitoring overall queue statues)
- Contribute to Sales’ ability to sell Enterprise Premium Support as well as identify upsell opportunities and new use cases
- Advocate and evangelize the Enterprise Premium Support program
At Outreach, we believe it’s your skills and attributes that ultimately make you successful in a role. Here’s what we’re looking for
- 8+ years of experience in technical customer support with one year as a senior team member
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field preferred
- Experience serving Enterprise accounts
- Knowledge of web services, C#, PHP, Java or Ruby preferred
- Understanding of RESTful and SOAP API preferred
- Experience extracting, querying and understanding how to optimize queries with Snowflake
- Experience using data logging tools such as Kibana/Datadog/Wavefront as well as experience analyzing data in relational database systems (SQL)
- Experience with domain management (Cnames) preferred
- Web Development experience a plus
- Understanding of desktop operating systems including but not limited to MS Windows and Apple OS
- Networking administration experience a plus
- Deep understanding of VOIP systems infrastructure and best practices preferred.
- Exposure to Sales Engagement or marketing automation tools or platforms that interface with CRMs (e.g. Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics).
- Ability to identify and submit product enhancement requests
- Ability to navigate and troubleshoot in ticketing systems, bug submission and other support systems
- Exceptional analytical problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to quickly develop rapport and credibility
- Communication skills and judgement to relate effectively with customer C-suite as well as engineers
- A passion for helping customers succeed with an ability to coach, consult and advise customers in an account management capacity
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with engineering, ops and product teams towards a resolution while driving towards excellence in customer experience
- Experienced in supporting SaaS Enterprise customers
- Prior experience supporting sales leaders or executives in a customer facing role a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and conflict management skills
Leadership Skills & Ownership
- Self-driven with a continuing desire to learn and take on new challenges
- Ability to mentor and lead
- Ability to navigate and manage competing priorities with success
Values drive our behaviors and the decisions we make. In addition to the above, we look for candidates who share and can demonstrate our core values:
- We are hungry craftspeople - we’re obsessed with continuous improvement.
- We have grit and perseverance - we know that true champions have the will to break through walls.
- We are one with our customers - we treat their pain and success as our own.
- We’re always honest - with ourselves, our colleagues and our community.
- We got your back - working at Outreach means you’re part of a family where no matter what, we’ll help you accomplish ever great feats and celebrate with you.
- We take ownership - each of us is responsible for our collective success, and we expect you to represent your authentic self.
- We find strength in diversity and inclusion - we go out of our way to find different points of view that challenge our own because