Territory Account Executive
PayScale is the world leader in modern compensation software. We believe data-informed discussions about compensation benefit both employers and employees and that greater pay transparency promotes equity, engagement and employee retention. We are bringing the dark art of compensation into the light by helping individuals understand the right pay for their position and more than 7,000 businesses retain and manage their largest investment: their people.
We’re transforming the compensation industry and are looking to bring on talented professionals like you with diverse perspectives. At PayScale, we acknowledge and value our differences as well as our combined strengths. We want all employees, regardless of their background, to feel respected personally and professionally. We foster a working environment that generates new ideas, promotes ownership and experimentation and encourages highly motivated individuals to be truly creative. Are you bright, tenacious, and inventive? If so, PayScale may be the perfect place for you to grow your career!
We are looking for a talented SaaS sales professional to join our Enterprise Accounts team. This Account Executive will own the full sales cycle, from product demo to contract negotiations and closing.
In this role, this individual will:
- Actually talk to people! Our reps get to interact with a variety of contacts daily.They work multiple contacts within an organization, escalating the sale over time.
- Generate new business opportunities through both pre-qualified meetings and your own prospecting.
- Develop and manage a geographic territory with a deep understanding of prospects’ compensation calendars and timelines.
- Through active listening and effective discovery processes, develop a deep understanding of customer’s businesses, helping to diagnose their compensation pain-points and prescribe one of our 4 available products with the appropriate level of service.
- Leverage Salesforce to manage your opportunity pipeline, keeping it up to date as you go.
- Become an expert in compensation strategy and the products, allowing you to manage your business from start to finish without having to involve a technical expert.
- From concept to close, you’ll strike the ideal balance between being a trusted advisor for your clients and asking for their business/pushing the close.
- You want to be a part of a company that is dramatically changing the way compensation is handled.
- You have a natural thirst for knowledge and a genuine desire to be a thought leader in whatever they sell, and will work hard to get there while being patient in the process.
- You thrive in making the most of ambiguity, easily transitioning from a day of back-to-back client meetings to a day filled with prospecting calls.
- Fearlessness. Your energy and enthusiasm can only be matched by your business acumen while speaking to executive clients.
- You're a feedback master! You are able to identify your own weaknesses.
- An affinity for working with numbers! There’s no need to be a nuclear physicist or a corporate controller… but you shouldn’t be scared by a percentile, shouldn’t shy away from conversations about “medians” vs “averages”, and shouldn’t be averse to hearing really (really) bad math jokes. In general, you should be comfortable working with data and spreadsheets.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience (minimum) managing a complex sales process in a highly consultative sales environment, preferably within SaaS industry.
- 3+ years’ experience managing a territory, prospecting leads, and closing deals.
PayScale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. PayScale complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off policy
- 100% company paid medical/vision/dental/prescription premiums for employees (50% for eligible dependents and partners)
- Four Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax employee allocations towards:
- Dependent Care (can be used towards day care costs!)
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Company-paid Life Insurance
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 10 paid holidays!
- Summer office closure, entire week of July 4th
- 401k with company match, vests immediately
- Casual dress code (JSS - Jeans, shorts, and sandals welcome!)
- Onsite lockers, showers, and clothes dryer
- Bike storage
- Coworkers you actually like...
- Gender neutral bathrooms on most floors
- Mothers' Room
- Sitting-Standing ergo friendly desks
- Weekly company sponsored happy hours
- Fido Fridays (our canine colleagues join us the first Friday of every month. WOOF!)