Outreach is looking for a leader of our Solutions Consulting and Value Engineering (PreSales) teams. This leader will lead both the strategy and execution of the Outreach Solutions Consulting and Value Consulting team, building out the brand new Value Consulting arm of the department. Our Solutions Consulting resources work directly with our Account Executive teams and are focused on showing the value and capability of Outreach solutions. The team acts as trusted advisors to understand the prospects' business, position the Outreach application, and build compelling demonstrations that outline the solution to critical business objectives.
In addition to leading the Solutions consulting team, this leader will lead our newly formed Business Value Consulting and Engineering team. This team will meet with prospect CEO’s, CRO’s and CIO’s to understand their key strategies in revenue generation, growth, customer experience and buyer experience. They will be responsible for deep consulting with our largest customers and prospects to analyze where Outreach products could have the deepest impact. This leader will roll out and scale this motion to other parts of the pre-sales team and broader company.
Who you are:
- You’re a leader – who builds world class, engaged and performance driving teams and you are adept at articulating vision and breaking it down for your managers to communicate and execute
- You have a deep passion for and understanding of Sales, and has built Solutions Consulting/Sales Engineering and Value Consulting teams in the past.
- You understand Sales and Sales executives. Ideal candidates have prior experience in CRO or VP of Sales positions or big 5 experience in consulting with these individuals and teams.
- You have a deep understanding of executive level business transformation strategies and have the ability to build a team that can position them at the highest levels in largest companies.
- You develop key strategies and organizational designs that can assist the sale team in capturing the hearts and minds of our Prospects
- Creating a team that is the technical owner of the sale and can translate the needs of the business to technology and the outcomes that it will produce.
- You work well cross-functionally and understand how to operationalize outputs within a fast growing company.
- You are willing to build from the ground up a key Organization that is US based with global growth potential.
- You’re willing to sign up for ambitious results and committed to high business impact
- You’re comfortable making strategic trade-offs, and have a history of successful decision-making
- You’re an effective communicator who prioritizes quality of work and successful outcomes over ego
- You’re an influencer due to the credibility of your results
What you’ll own:
- Design and Operationalize the key practice area of Solutions consulting to assist in the growth of the company.
- Growing the SC Organization by recruiting and mentoring top talent and putting them in the best possible position to succeed.
- Developing the strategy of the team based on the GTM Objectives.
- Designing, defining and reporting the key measures of the team to maximize productivity and revenue impact
- Develop a career path for the team that illustrates the growth they can expect.
- Define and design the necessary tools and technology that is required to support the team.
- Working with the Director of Value Consulting define, build and measure a value consulting and engineering team that provides workshops and deep analytical deliverables to our most strategic customers.
- Participate as a thought leader on the future of sales, sales enablement and sales operations.
- Be a key part of the sales team that helps define the GTM strategies.
- Working closely with other parts of the business, including product and customer success, to ensure that the needs of our prospective customers are being met.
Experience you’ll need:
- 8-10+ years experience in the development and leadership of Solutions Consulting and Pre-Sales teams
- 10+ years of experience in business consulting or pre-sales
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the Sales process and Go to Market Strategies
- Ability to create and build teams that support direct sales teams.
- Experience in defining the structure for pre-sales and goals of a Pre-sales team that supports customers large and small.
- Ability to use data to understand the activity and effectiveness of the pre-sales team.
- Experience in working with senior level management at fortune 50 companies.
- Experience in managing and building Value Consulting and Engineering teams
- Mix of business and technical acumen with the ability to align technology to business outcomes.
- Strong interpersonal skills, presentation skills and program management.
- Proven examples of developing thought leadership in the areas of business process improvement.
- A strong understanding of the SaaS industry and B2B Sales
- Experience in Technology, Insurance, Financial Services and Manufacturing verticals
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Womxn's Network)
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen (once we're back in the office, that is!)
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
Read Full Job Description