Senior Software Engineer, Data Platform (Contract)
Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we're changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We're a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we're at the forefront. We're proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people's lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
Due to the temporary nature of the engagement, this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
1 year contract to start.
SoFi runs on data! We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Software Engineer to join our Data Platform team. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work alongside our experienced team of data engineers and product managers to develop and maintain our cutting-edge data handling platform using Snowflake, dbt, Sagemaker, and Airflow. In this role you will be contributing to the long-term success of SoFi's data vision by building out distributed systems and scalable data platforms.
As a Senior engineer on the Data Platform team at SoFi, you'll be tasked with building critical components and features. You will implement battle-tested patterns and interfaces, squash bugs, refactor code and continually grow as an engineer. The ideal candidate has a strong software engineering background and problem-solving ability along with cloud computing (AWS) and data engineering skill set with prior experience on technologies such as Snowflake, Airflow, dbt, Kafka, Spark, Dask, Python, and Tableau. Additionally, you will demonstrate SoFi's core values by honing your skills as an effective communicator, showing personal responsibility, and setting ambitious goals. If you like working on problems with tangible and lasting impact, we would love to have you in our team!
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand data requirements and design scalable data solutions.
- Write high-quality, efficient, and scalable code to implement new features and functionality on the data platform.
- Participate in code reviews and provide feedback to other team members to ensure code quality and maintainability.
- Work with product managers and other stakeholders to understand user requirements and implement solutions that meet their needs.
- Participate in team meetings and contribute to discussions on technology, design, and implementation.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments in data engineering, and cloud technologies.
- Develop and optimize data pipelines using dbt and Airflow to ensure efficient data processing and data quality checks.
- Architect and implement data governance and metadata management solutions to maintain data integrity and compliance.
- Build a system to identify data quality issues and implement solutions to address them effectively.
- Utilize your proficiency in Python to develop custom scripts and tools to enhance data operations and automation.
- Mentor and guide junior team members, providing technical expertise and fostering a culture of continuous learning.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Software Engineer, with a focus on data engineering and data platform development.
- Extensive hands-on experience with Snowflake, AWS services, dbt, and Airflow.
- Strong understanding of data quality best practices and data governance principles.
- Proven track record in metadata management and data infrastructure design.
- Proficiency in Python for data manipulation, scripting, and automation.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Strong communication skills to effectively work with diverse stakeholders and present technical concepts.
Nice to Have:
- Interest in personal finance
**Please note the following benefits only apply to full-time employees**
Compensation and Benefits
The base pay range for this role is listed below. Final base pay offer will be determined based on individual factors such as the candidate's experience, skills, and location.
To view all of our comprehensive and competitive benefits, visit our Benefits at SoFi page!
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
The Company hires the best qualified candidate for the job, without regard to protected characteristics.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
New York applicants: Notice of Employee Rights
SoFi is committed to embracing diversity. As part of this commitment, SoFi offers reasonable accommodations to candidates with physical or mental disabilities. If you need accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, please let your recruiter know or email [email protected].
Due to insurance coverage issues, we are unable to accommodate remote work from Hawaii or Alaska at this time.
If you are a current employee, do not apply here - please navigate to our Internal Job Board in Greenhouse to apply to our open roles.