Software Engineer: Cloud Services
First Mode develops and manufactures decarbonization solutions for heavy industry partners dedicated to the clean energy future — for people and planet.
Our team is creative and passionate, with a range of experiences and capabilities. If you want to create a cleaner, more sustainable world, we'd love your help.
First Mode is seeking a Software Engineer to join our software team and contribute to the development of our clean energy technologies. Applicants from all industries are welcome, with particular emphasis in software development in complex, multidisciplinary systems. You will help build the software that powers our clean energy product line, leveraging modern tools, techniques, and best practices to craft solutions to real-world problems. Our software projects span a wide range of systems and work with multiple engineering disciplines. A successful engineer in this role will thrive in an inventive environment and be excited by researching and learning new technologies. You will be hands-on and learn about the clean energy space in the lab, in the field, and in building the software to operate our vehicle fleets.
- Serve as an integral member of our software team collaborating with other software engineers towards team objectives
- Design and build our fleet operations software products, include telematics/remote diagnostics
- Build cloud services to manage and operate edge devices.
- Build our automated CI/CD services with capabilities to manage distribution to remote embedded systems
- Drive operational excellence by delivering high quality software products via automated testing and tooling
- Collaborate with hardware, controls, and systems engineers in development, integration, and debugging
- 2-4 years of Product development for cloud-deployed software applications on platforms such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- 2-4 years of experience in one or more of these languages: Java, Python, Go, C++
- Practical understanding of core data structures and algorithms and their applications
- Experience with networks and distributed service communication
- Experience completing one or more complete product life cycles
- Experience with operations and continuous integration
- Experience interfacing between cloud software edge-deployed software systems, such as IoT, embedded, or vehicle systems
- Experience with managing secure communications and credentials for cloud and edge-deployed computer systems
- Experience with automated test infrastructure and hardware-in-the-loop testing
- Experience with the development and execution of agile software and test plans
- Ability to write and speak clearly about technical subject matter
- Travel internationally to represent First Mode to its customers, vendors, and partners
- This position will be located at First Mode’s headquarters in Seattle, WA and will be required to work in office >60% of working hours
Base Salary Range: $ 118,150 - $159,850
Benefits & Perks
- Annual bonus incentive
- Equity-based awards
- 100% employer-paid health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) retirement account with a 3% employer contribution from the start of employment
- Flexible PTO with 12 weeks of supplementary paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits (parking & public transportation)
- A culture that encourages professional growth with learning and development reimbursements
- Open and collaborative workspace with free office snacks and lunches
- Hybrid work model
First Mode is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with First Mode is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.