Business Development Manager for SolarAnywhere
Who Are We?
Looking for a job that makes a real difference in our world today and one that you'll be proud of when you look back in 20, 30 or 40 years? This is it. Clean Power Research® is powering the energy transformation through cloud software that informs, streamlines and values energy-related decisions and processes for utilities, energy professionals and consumers.
We're a growing company that counts 10 of the top 10 Fortune 500 utilities and many of the largest renewable energy companies in the U.S. as our customers. We're focused on expanding our market reach and impact with new software technologies that help solve the energy industry's hardest problems.
At Clean Power Research, every employee has a seat at the table and an important role.
Why Work Here?
- Go from building solutions to being part of the solution
- Join a growing team of software and energy veterans from companies like Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Oracle, General Electric and Pacific Gas & Electric
- Bring your passion and ideas to the table
- Use your creativity to solve hard problems and make tough decisions
- Work in a start-up like environment coupled with the stability and customer base of an established, profitable company
- Realize work-life balance; we like to see our families, friends and pets at night!
- Join a growing company that expects you to grow with us and invests in your growth
Clean Power Research offers competitive compensation and benefits to full-time employees including medical/dental/vision, paid vacation, paid holidays, a bonus plan and 401(k) plan with matching.
What You'll Be Doing as a Business Development Manager for our SolarAnywhere Product
Clean Power Research seeks a highly motivated, self-driven Business Development Manager to explore and develop new opportunities for the company with a particular focus on expanding our international SolarAnywhere business.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for exploring market opportunities for our software-as-a-service SolarAnywhere® product family. The person in this position would identify markets where our existing products are applicable as well as suggest new markets that we should explore, backing up recommendations with data and thorough quantitative analysis. The Business Development Manager will also actively identify, engage, and onboard potential channels and partners that will help drive our utility opportunities.
On a day-to-day basis, the person in this role would track global industry trends, understand the competition, attend and present at key conferences and events worldwide and meet with customers, partners, analysts and experts to ensure to expand the reach of our sales and product teams. This person will also make sure that our executive staff is well-informed on important issues and opportunities. With certain opportunities, the Business Development Manager will develop and execute new business models, including determining recommending new pricing and licensing. A person in this position would also identify, track, and influence regulatory processes that impact our current and future offerings.
Of course, the Business Development Manager is part of the larger sales organization as well as a lean, well-functioning company. This person must be able to efficiently transition opportunities to the rest of the sales and marketing organization.
The ideal candidate will bring a deep understanding of the global solar industry markets we compete in, seed that knowledge internally, and use it to help the company succeed. We are looking for an exceptional, creative individual with a data-driven mindset and the ability to think on their feet.
Travel requirement: 25%. This is a primarily in-office position in our Kirkland office with some flexibility for remote work each workweek.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collect, organize and own market data on customers, competitors, pricing, regulation, opportunities, channels and partners
- Create business cases for addressing new markets, including new verticals, geographies and products
- Create go-to-market strategy and plans for new markets including international markets in Europe, Asia, South America, and Africa;
- Identify, engage, and onboard software, channel and implementation partners
- Write proposals for funding of new opportunity development
- Drive new subscription revenue by developing new use cases for existing offerings and pilot customers for new offerings
- Develop executive contacts with key customers and partners
- Develop and hand-off opportunities to sales, marketing and product management teams when appropriate
- Develop and deliver high quality technical and business process content to maintain CPR thought leadership position in areas such as solar project financing, development, forecasting, and asset management
Who You Are
- Minimum of BA/BS degree; MBA or advanced degree in closely related field preferred
- 2-4 years in business development or related role, preferably with software-as-a-service solutions
- International market-entry and expansion-strategy experience
- Familiarity with SolarAnywhere and competitive products
- Superior organizational skills; ability to track and juggle many tasks
- Passion for solar energy and renewables essential; energy industry experience required
- Domain experience in solar project financing, development, forecasting and / or asset management preferred
- Familiarity with renewable energy business processes, systems, and regulatory issues
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Comfortable presenting in front of internal and external groups, including executive audiences
- Comfortable developing new relationships in the market at conferences and direct meetings
Pay Range & Benefits
- Base Salary Range: $110,000 to $140,000 annual depending on experience
- Benefits: Performance-Based Bonus, Company Equity Plan
- Additional Benefits: Paid PTO, Sick Time, Holidays, Medical/Dental/Vision/Life and Disability Insurance, 401K, Paternity and Maternity Leave, Commuter Benefits
How To Apply
Click the link below to submit your resume. Please include a cover letter detailing your interest in this position and the renewable energy space along with your resume. Due to the large number of applicants for our positions, we regret that we can only respond to candidates who meet our requirements.
Clean Power Research is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The company's employment decisions are based on merit, competence, performance and business needs.