Customer Delivery Manager
Who Are We?
Looking for a job that makes a real difference in our world today and one that you'll be proud of when you look back in 20, 30 or 40 years? This is it. Clean Power Research® is advancing the energy transformation through cloud software that informs, streamlines and values energy-related decisions and processes for utilities, energy professionals and consumers.
We're a growing company that counts 10 of the top 10 Fortune 500 utilities and many of the largest renewable energy companies in the U.S. as our customers. We're focused on expanding our market reach and impact with new software technologies that help solve the energy industry's hardest problems.
At Clean Power Research, every employee has a seat at the table and an important role
Why Work Here?
- Go from building solutions to being part of the solution
- Join a growing team of software and energy veterans from companies like Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Oracle, General Electric and Pacific Gas & Electric
- Bring your passion and ideas to the table
- Use your creativity to solve hard problems and make tough decisions
- Work in a start-up like environment coupled with the stability and customer base of an established, profitable company
- Realize work-life balance; we like to see our families, friends and pets at night!
- Join a growing company that expects you to grow with us and invests in your growth
Clean Power Research offers competitive compensation and benefits to full-time employees including medical/dental/vision, paid vacation, paid holidays, a bonus plan and 401(k) plan with matching.
What You'll Be Doing as a Customer Delivery Manager
Clean Power Research is seeking a detail-oriented and customer-focused Customer Delivery Manager to join the product management team supporting the execution of our product vision and the needs of our rapidly growing customer base.
The Customer Delivery Manager will be an individual contributor responsible for onboarding utility customers to our multifaceted, enterprise platform that is comprised of our PowerClerk® program automation tool along with our data and analytics engines WattPlan® Grid and SolarAnywhere® FleetView. This is a growing need driven by the growth of the utility user base, including several new use cases across our existing customers. Onboarding will involve:
- Working with existing and new customers to define and deliver training programs
- Documenting as-is and to-be business processes
- Running integration workshops with other third-party vendors
- Securing resources to meet and exceed deliverables along a project timeline
This position calls for a detail-oriented professional with excellent, consistent follow-through, and a strong aptitude for designing business process workflows that solve customer problems within the web and API platform interfaces. The person in this role will be required to design and track software integrations and nurture our customers' expectations of delivery and feature expansion.
The Customer Delivery Manager will have shared responsibility for identifying and proposing new existing customers to support and grow sales targets for the company's subscription software services. This role requires the ability to effectively work with sales, marketing and engineering to exceed revenue and profitability goals.
This position provides great opportunity for long-term growth as the company continues to build its software team and evolve its services in an increasingly complex, competitive and global marketplace. A highly motivated and self-driven individual will excel in this role.
Travel requirement: 25%.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Appropriately manage customer expectations through a great onboarding process with a concierge-like experience, where clients have confidence that their voice is always heard, and that the product will grow with their needs
- Manage and be able to execute deliverables and regular status check-ins throughout the customer configuration process by coordinating with all stakeholders (internal and external), ensuring a timely and efficient process from contract signing through launch
- Maintain business relationships for designated key accounts
- Develop and deliver product support materials (e.g., how-to videos and documentation) and deliver training based on them to streamline knowledge transfer to customers for pre- and post-sales activities
- Articulate the business and technical intricacies of the Clean Power Research utility software product line to both customers and partners.
- Become a subject matter expert with regards to PowerClerk workflow automation capabilities and product configuration options
- Be able to clearly define customer requirements for data integration tasks associated with WattPlan Grid and SolarAnywhere FleetView, such as the type and quantity of data needed for proper launch and use of the software
- Be capable of running an on-site training or workshop with utility customers, often with mixed roles and backgrounds
- Configure both production and test environments for customers and work with account executives and the software engineering team to ensure that noted deficiencies and needed updates are identified and communicated to appropriate managers
- Assure data quality and work toward continuous process improvement
Who You Are
- 5+ years of experience in a professional environment
- BA/BS degree required; technical or science focus preferred
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Experience managing projects as well as mapping and optimizing business processes. Exposure to utility business processes such as interconnection, distribution planning, forecasting and reporting, a plus
- Superior organizational skills; ability to track and juggle many tasks
- Demonstrated high attention to detail, a high level of data input accuracy and strong organizational skills
- Patience, a sharp analytical mind, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills will be critical to success in this position
- Ability to understand and decipher large datasets that include both string and numerical entries
- Proficiency and comfort in Excel. Experience working with, analyzing or maintaining complex datasets using software such as Excel, Access, MySQL or similar
- Passion for clean tech, solar energy or renewables essential
- Passion for software and its potential for impact
- Base Salary Range: $80,000 to $115,000 annual depending on experience
- Benefits: Performance-Based Bonus, Company Equity Plan
- Additional Benefits: Paid PTO, Sick Time, Holidays, Medical/Dental/Vision/Life and Disability Insurance, 401K, Paternity and Maternity Leave, Commuter Benefits
How To Apply
Click the link below to submit your resume. Please include a cover letter detailing your interest in this position and the renewable energy space along with your resume. Due to the large number of applicants for our positions, we regret that we can only respond to candidates who meet our requirements.
Clean Power Research is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The company's employment decisions are based on merit, competence, performance and business needs.