Employee Communications & Channel Manager
At Expedia Group, we have an incredible story to tell – and a global audience of 25,000 employees and millions of prospective employees to share it with. That’s why the Employee Communications & Engagement team is looking for top tier talent to join us as our new Employee Communications Channel Manager.
Combining your sharp critical thinking, first-class eye for great content, impeccable planning and polished relationship-building skills, this role is pivotal in creating campaigns that influence employee knowledge, sentiment and behavior to achieve business results. As a key architect of our employee communications experience, you will partner closely with colleagues across Expedia Group to develop plans, craft and distribute content and measure its impact.
You will be on point to own and drive how we communicate for some of the most important employee-facing topics, influencing, planning and executing Expedia Group’s most strategically important stories and employee experiences. The doors are open to you to be a core driver in positioning Expedia Group as a place where exceptional people, with a passion for tech and travel, are inspired and motivated to do their best work.
We are a nimble, mighty team sharing our passion for technology, for travel, and for the magic that happens when technology and travel come together to make the world a better place and bring the world within reach for hundreds of millions of customers. If you have a hunger to drive best-in-class storytelling and create brand-defining experiences for a leading company filled with beloved travel brands and you want to work in a driven, passionate and optimistic communications team that PR Week has named a Best Place to Work for communications talent, this is the job for you.
What you'll do:
- Lead our end-to-end employee channel strategy, researching user and business needs, moving our channels from a mix that has grown organically to a thoughtfully curated collection that is designed for impact (includes social tools, email, intranet – and innovation is welcome)
- Establish a reputation as Expedia Group’s principal channel leader, overseeing the setup/creation of tools designed to be shared by multiple brands and teams across the organization, and serving as a mentor to other employees
- Roll up your sleeves, leading by example and supporting the execution of major campaigns, creating bespoke solutions as needed to drive exceptional user engagement
- Play a lead role in influencing our content strategy, ensuring it is aligned to our channel strategy – especially as it relates to taxonomy and information architecture
- Lead projects to realize our strategy, including launching new channels, enhancing existing ones and deprecating old ones, in partnership with colleagues across Expedia Group
- Support our Corporate Events team with digital tools and experiences designed to deepen the impact and reach of our live employee events
- Champion the use of the latest relevant user experience and design methodologies with colleagues across the organization, including senior leadership
- Design, implement and maintain means to capture rich user insight, feed this into our content and channel strategy, and use it to measure the impact of our work
- Ensure our channels enhance the Expedia Group brand, exemplifying the very best of our look and feel while achieving consistency in style, quality, and tone of voice
- Dynamically adjust priorities to pursue emerging opportunities or respond to a crisis
- Support the wider Expedia Group communications community with other ad-hoc projects as required
Who you are:
- Exceptional partnership and interpersonal skills – including the ability to represent Expedia Group’s approach to communicating with employees to your peers and to leadership
- Demonstrated results in working with and leading the thinking of partners and stakeholders including ability to counsel them regarding message content and delivery
- Curious, nimble and driven puzzle solver who brings people along in the journey through collaboration, purpose, authenticity and positivity
- Extraordinary communicator with a knack for fostering positive relationships with people in different disciplines and at different levels and A+ writing skills, visual storytelling skills, and presentation skills
- Comfortable with dynamic working environment and tight deadlines
- Ability to manage changing requirements as well as multiple overlapping projects at one time and to help the team organize themselves to do so as well
- Passion for building process and structure to support the creative process and ultimately optimize execution of day-to-day work and scheduled deliverables
- Outstanding project management and organizational skills, particularly with demonstrated experience in highly matrixed organizations a plus
Experience and Qualification:
- 5+ years of employee-centric user experience background in a corporate or agency environment; travel and/or tech industry experience preferred
- Extensive portfolio of work in a range of formats that demonstrates a track record of turning complex business problems into compelling products
- Proven experience managing a range of digital products or channels, and ideally, ‘offline’ channels
- Excellent writing, communications and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- Candidates with a background in content management systems, social and/or using data to personalize user experiences preferred
- Ability to synthesize data into logical conclusions and recommendations
- Experience in highly matrixed global organizations a plus
- Driven by bringing creativity to intense, passionate working environments and tight deadlines
- Experience managing senior executives, particularly in highly innovative, fast-moving environments, with a proven record of results
- Self-guided; creative; responsible; high-energy; eager to work with other departments and independently; has a dream to see measured results
- Willingness to jump in on an array of projects as requested; eager to learn new skills
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.