- Conduct the analysis and resolution of issues with increasing complexity, visibility and risk related to policy, values or, cultural concerns/violations and incident or threat response, independently or by collaborating with managers, peers in HR and Legal as appropriate; recommend solutions to address issues from a systematic perspective
- Develop and manage the HR Compliance Program to ensure compliance with global, multi-state, federal, and local employment regulations, and organizational policies, guidelines, standards and the Employee Handbook.
- Administer Global compliance training on code of conduct, sexual harassment, diversity, data privacy, GDPR. Provide documentation, education and training to managers and employees on various compliance requirements, including the company’s internal resources.
- Manage investigations and high risk employee relations issues. Provide counsel and guidance on employee relations issues, including employee complaints, corrective action, separations, investigations and general employee relations concerns.
- Serve as an Employee Relations expert, providing guidance on escalations and managing strategy for and preparation of written responses to third parties (e.g. EEOC, FLSA, FMLA and other leaves of absence), as well as other charges and requests from government agencies and outside attorneys.
- Monitor and analyze ER data and recommend organization-wide and/or client-specific interventions to address identified trends.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in HR Management, LR or Employment Law.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in human resources with at least 4 years of experience in employee relations and/or HR Compliance is required. facilitating relocation assignments, Global Immigration experience or a combination with.
- Strong working knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws and regulations benefit/payroll laws (EEO, FLSA, FMLA, ADA, OSHA, leaves of absence)
- Proven ability to diagnose problems with strategic thinking skills, as well as drive appropriate solutions with self-initiative
- Excellent incident investigation skills
- Excellent leadership and conflict resolution skills
- Preferred experience in multi-state employers and in researching, interpreting, educating and maintaining most up to date regulations across multiple jurisdictions
- Track record of successfully balancing competing priorities and drive projects to completion in a fast-paced environment and sometimes under conditions of ambiguity
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills, including attention to detail and the ability to process disparate information and synthesize quickly
- Demonstrated experience building exceptional cross-functional relationships across an organization
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.Worried about not having any logistics experience?:
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.