Manager, Communications & Diversity
ExpediaManager, Communications & Diversity, Lodging Partner Services
Open to Bellevue, London or New York.
Expedia Group’s Lodging Partner Services (LPS) has an opportunity for a passionate diversity and inclusion professional to join its team. Reporting to the Director of Communications & Diversity, the post holder will be responsible for developing and implementing D&I campaigns that help drive engagement amongst audiences globally.
Collectively, Expedia Group brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. Expedia Group portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury; from hotel to self-catering vacation rental.
Lodging Partner Services (LPS), is the business division within Expedia Group responsible for the relationships we have with accommodation providers around the world. These partners include hotels (independent and chain), serviced apartments, vacation rentals and even houseboats.
At Expedia Group, we believe success stems from an inclusive and diverse environment that cultivates opportunity and equality. We’ve made some positive steps forward in recent years. Globally, we’ve achieved gender pay parity across men and women in equivalent roles; 52% of our total employees are female and 35% of our senior leadership team are women. The LPS D&I effort, Leading 4 Change, is a diversity and gender-equality journey aimed at ensuring all LPS employees feel like they belong and are empowered to ‘lean in’ and reach their full potential.
Who you are:
- You have a passion for driving positive change through D&I
- You have experience in developing and executing diversity and inclusion campaigns, for a global business/es
- You have a proven record of success in issues-rich campaigns for other multinational businesses either in-house or in-agency
- You work effectively under deadline and can manage multiple projects simultaneously
- You have impeccable organizational skills and the ability to think on your feet using your initiative
- Strong social skills required to manage our engagement and relationships within Expedia Group as well as with media, associations and PR agencies
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Positive and self-motivated personality
- Creative thinker
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Background in travel or ecommerce industries beneficial
- Familiarity with global business cultures – ideally having previously worked in a multi-cultural environment/business
- Ability to travel for business when required
- Multi language capabilities are a plus
What you'll do:
- You closely work with the Director, Communications & Diversity to help craft and drive the communications strategy for Leading 4 Change
- You will cross-collaborate with teams across the business to create plans and bring them to life.
- You will develope campaigns, timelines and budgets to implement activity globally, to internal and external audiences
- You will lead the planning and logistics of LPS D&I events and drawing support from relevant teams
- You will devise a calendar of announcements, events and initiatives to ensure a regular drum beat of activity. Actively seeking and developing ideas to help fill gaps in the calendar.
- You will research strategic speaker opportunities and liaise with conference organisers to secure key speaker slots. Crafting assets and talking points; attending events as and when required.
- You will work with LPS’ wider Communications team to share plans and identify comms opportunities in priority markets
- You will produce compelling copy and work with internal and external experts to produce highly engaging visual and audio media that creatively tells our D&I story
- You will monitor and track activity and compiling activity reviews to share with the business
- You will foster relationships with key external partners and identifying untapped opportunities
- You will stay at the forefront of D&I issues and developments and share them with relevant individuals and teams
- You understand D&I issues that could impact colleagues and company reputation and ensuring the business is aware
- You regularly engage and collaborate with internal subject matter experts; partners including HR, legal and investor relations
Why join us?
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.