Build the solutions to help Flexport grow
The Ecosystem team’s mission is to make information exchange in global trade easy for everyone by efficiently, securely and reliably connecting the Flexport Platform with the external Global Trade Ecosystem.
Flexport is a freight forwarder and logistics platform using modern software to make global trade easier for everyone. We are solving complex problems on a global scale, and disrupting a multi-trillion dollar industry that has remained stubbornly unchanged.
Building integrated solutions with logistics partners we work with is a critical component of our strategy. These integrated solutions would bring end to end automation in the information exchange that is required between us and our partners, eliminating slow and error prone manual workflows. This requires the Flexport platform to be fully integrated with those of Air Carriers, Ocean Carriers, Rail carriers, Trucking partners, Warehouse operators and other logistics partners in global trade.
We seek an experienced hands on leader, who can build a techno-functional team of Solutions Architects and Solutions Consultants, focused on building integrated solutions with logistics partners at scale. Success in this role is measured by the extent to which information exchange between Flexport and our logistics partners is reliably and effectively automated, reducing cost to serve for operations teams.
- Hire and develop Solutions Consultants and Solutions Architects in the logistics partner function sourcing from internal and external candidate pools.
- Encourage development of functional understanding of operational workflows and best practices in global trade within self and the team through close collaboration and communication with ops teams.
- Partner with internal ocean, air, trucking and warehousing business stakeholders to prioritize a roadmap of integrated solutions based on business needs and ROI.
- Work with technical and operations stakeholders within various carriers and logistics partners to evaluate current and planned technical & functional integration capabilities, and build a roadmap of connectivity.
- Help establish Flexport as a trusted tech-forward partner for our logistics carriers/partners.
- Define integrated solutions that can accommodate the wide variety of traditional and modern integration technologies in use by various logistics partners from flat files, EDI X12, EDIFACT, REST and SOAP APIs.
- Drive discipline and rigor in end to end solution delivery from requirements gathering, design, testing, deployment and successful adoption of solutions by operations teams.
- Review requirements, and solution designs proposed by your team seeking opportunities for multi-partner re-use, comprehensive message coverage, supportability and scalability.
- Partner with the Engineering Manager and Program Manager to build and deliver the integration solutions based on the requirements and designs provided by your team.
- Partner with operations stakeholders with Flexport and our Logistics partners to define an end to end test strategy. Build and execute against that strategy.
- Track key metrics to ensure integrated solutions are being adopted and are able to realize the business value being sought.
- Create and leverage feedback loops to cross-functional teams to advocate for improvements to our product, APIs and operational workflows to ensure high-quality logistics partner integrations.
You should have:
- 8+ years experience as Integrations or Solutions Architect providing consultative guidance to and designing automation solutions for customers and partners, preferably in the logistics / supply chain space.
- 4+ years experience managing a geographically distributed, client-facing Integration or Solutions teams.
- Practical experience using REST & SOAP APIs.
- Familiarity with transmission protocols (FTP, SFTP, AS2, etc.), payload / file formats (JSON, XML, delimited files, etc.) and ETL concepts.
- Excellent client-facing communication skills, comfortable presenting to both technical and executive audiences of all levels, whether impromptu, on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, related fields or equivalent experience.
- Willingness to travel (up to 25%).
Bonus points if you have:
- Prior experience in logistics and/or global trade, building connectivity with large carriers.
- Practical experience with EDI X12 and EDIFACT.
- Demonstrated experience delivering solutions with enterprise integration platforms such as Boomi, Mulesoft or similar.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated, and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, creed, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.