Technical Sourcer - Seattle Based at Expedia Group
Are you passionate about Sourcing the world’s best technical talent for one of the largest technology companies in the world? Then we want to speak with you!
We are the world’s travel platform – Our purpose is to bring the world within reach.
As a Technical Sourcer you will help build talent pipelines to some of the most imperative positions we hire at Expedia Group. You will play a critical role in owning the top half of the sourcing funnel and delivering top technical talent across various high-impact technology teams. Our model utilizes sourcing for identifying and engaging passive candidates as well as utilizing our ATS & CRM system for continued engagement. Your main focus would be engaging passive talent in the market and also helping to deliver market based insights to hiring leaders.
Challenges you will face include sourcing engineering talent that works at enormous scale (billions/trillions of events, petabyte and soon exabyte scale, low-latency transactions),
What you’ll do:
- Identify and engage with both passive and active talent through use of Boolean, LinkedIn, Social Media, and creative search techniques
- Proactively build talent pipelines for various technical profiles (e.g. Development, Product, Program, Data Engineering, ML/AI, Creative, and Leadership roles) across seniority levels up to Senior Engineering Managers.
- Partner with Recruiters and Business Leaders to identify and understand the position’s technical requirements.
- Create successful sourcing strategies through LinkedIn, Github, X-ray search, Kaggle, Behance, Dribble and other resources tailored to individual business needs and markets
- Manage candidate pipelines and campaigns with internal CRM and Applicant Tracking System (Beamery and Workday respectively)
- Conduct detailed candidate screening conversations to qualify prospects across multiple roles at Expedia and to unique positions.
- Collaborate with candidates and Coordinators in scheduling interviews and collecting interview feedback.
- Handle a high volume of requisitions and prioritize workload based on business needs.
- Maintain pipeline funnel metrics and KPI’s.
- Utilize our tools to provide talent market insights and data to influence decisions.
- Recommend and drive improvements that impact talent pipelines.
- Lead and prioritize efforts of diversity and inclusion sourcing.
- Advocate Sourcing best-practices to greater team and participate and lead Sourcing training tactics.
- Promote exceptional candidate experience throughout the interview process.
- Understand different Business functions and how they fit into the overall company – be able to educate external talent about different area’s within Expedia Group.
Who you are:
- 4+ years of experience in sourcing/recruiting technical talent in a corporate or agency environment
- Experience utilizing Boolean search strings across multiple channels and passionate about creative sourcing.
- Ability to identify and engage top talent and differentiate talent levels.
- Function in a fast-paced/agile environment and shift focus quickly while working autonomously.
- Passionate about diversity and inclusion.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities.
- Data-driven, results oriented, and self-motivated.
- Intellectually curious and keen on continued learning.
- Degree in Business, Communications, HR (or related fields) and/or equivalent experience.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, VRBO®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.