Workday Solutions Architect at Expedia Group
Expedia revolutionizes travel through the power of technology. Across the globe, our brands make travel easier for millions of people who want to step out of their homes and into the world. We’re a talented and focused team from all over the world – with 20,000 + employees, in over 30 countries. Together we seek new ideas, innovative ways of thinking, diverse backgrounds and approaches, because averages can lie and sameness is dangerous.
The Expedia People Technology Team is looking for a Workday Solutions Architect with a focus on Workday SaaS ERP to support Expedia Corporate and all Expedia Brands. As a Workday Solutions Architect, your primary responsibility will be defining and implementing Workday Business Processes, Security and Integrations for Expedia’s Human Resources team and people managers throughout all of Expedia Inc’s brands. You will define and lead the Security Model and define and lead the definition of simple and complex Business Processes. You will be the primary authority on Workday configuration and customization to meet Expedia’s global requirement. This position combines expert-level proficiency in Workday with the ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with Product Managers to turn broad requirements into deliverable work items. In addition, this role will be a technical lead position with day-to-day thought leadership and mentoring of a small team. The individual will also work with cross-functional teams to address system, interface, data and vendor issues.
Who you are:
- An individual with the utmost passion for both technology and leadership
- Have hands-on experience in grooming/mentoring individuals and being the bar raiser in the team.
- Expert in agile software development methodologies and their adoption within teams
- Excellent communication and organizational skills - able to translate between technical and business group, bring forward a vision or opinion
- Comfortable with leading multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, prioritize decisions and tasks effectively, and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Have a solid understanding of trade-offs of architectural patterns and comfortable with recommending approaches and associated technology choices.
- 8+ years experience in Workday SaaS ERP in various capacities.
- Workday certification preferred but not required.
- Strong T-SQL skills and experience preferred but not required.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in information science, computer science, business or equivalent work experience.
What you will do:
- Define and shape the overall technical vision for Workday and the overall architecture of the workday system including modules such as Security, HCM, Advance Compensation, Benefits, Recruiting, Talent, Payroll, Time Tracking, Absence, Reporting, Integrations.
- Lead the Re-design efforts of the overall security architecture within Workday to meet the organizational needs.
- Define, operationalize Workday SDLC standards that will drive overall system stability, efficiency and overall build velocity.
- Define and document simple pre-approved business processes and configurations.
- Lead the design and review developer work on complex business processes and configurations.
- Review and quality control of complex Workday Integrations.
- Collaborate with 3rd party companies that support native and custom Workday Integrations.
- Train and mentor workday developers, testers and program managers.
- Review Workday releases for new functionality and optimize existing processes and integrations accordingly.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-MT1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.