Highspot is an end-to-end platform that closes the loop between marketing, sales and the customer providing real-time alerts and predictive analytics on all your business content. Using Highspot, companies increase seller effectiveness, improve sales management visibility to best practices, and deliver insights to marketing so they can produce content that drives engagement and revenue.
Here at Highspot, we’re passionate about creating software with a spark of magic that inspires the way that millions of people work everyday.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Lead Technical Writer to create high-quality documentation and content experiences that contributes to the overall success of our products. As the Lead Technical Writer, you will own the definition, structure, and production of internal guidance, customer facing help and support content. This role will report into the Services team. In this role, you will work collaboratively with services executives, developers, quality engineers, product managers, and usability experts to make our products easier to use.
You are someone with a penchant for taking complex technical concepts and making them easy to understand for your audience. A successful lead technical writer is someone who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty to understand how our products works but also why it’s important to our customers.
What You'll Do
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
- Collect and analyze customer and internal feedback on how to improve the quality of help content and in-app experience
- Create and maintain the information architecture of the Highspot customer support center
- Create and maintain the templates and framework definitions for different types of help content
- Support the release and adoption of our product/software releases
- Produce high-quality how-to, best practice and tutorial documentation that meets applicable standards, and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Ensure that the content is of high quality, either by writing it yourself or by reviewing contributions from other people around the company
- Analyze existing content and consider our future goals, to build an effective roadmap and schedule
- You have 3-5 years of experience of writing technical experience
- You are experienced in writing help content, internal guidance, in-app customer messaging and software documentation for SaaS companies
- You are experienced in defining content structure and information architecture for help content and software documentation
- You can deliver high quality and engaging documentation with attention to detail
- You have been the owner of, or a key contributor to, a customer help repository for a SaaS company
- You have built technical content as part of a team, and are comfortable both writing content directly or delegating to others and reviewing their work
- You are skilled at working across boundaries and partnering with colleagues who need your expertise to ensure the highest quality content
- You have experience managing, writing and publishing content in ZenDesk, or an equivalent Help Center product
- You are familiar with software development and its lifecycle
- Integrations, including CRM, SSO, and CMS systems.
- Serve as the highest level of support handling the most challenging requests from the customer.
- Work closely with engineering to diagnose and solve complex technical issues.
- Leveraging the insight from working with customers to help us improve and evolve the product.
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k Plan
- Flexible work and vacation schedules
- Transportation benefits
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Fully-stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks
- Free catered Friday lunches
- Team building outside of the office
- Company bonding events throughout the year
- Open and spacious office, based in the heart of Seattle
- Great views of the city and Puget Sound
- Meaningfully contribute to a compelling vision
- Environment to do your best work
Equal Opportunity Statement
We aim to build an inclusive workforce. If you’re passionate about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we still encourage you to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disability status, political affiliation, veteran status, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Read Full Job Description