Contact Center Training Coach at Trupanion
Contact Center Training Coach
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop, and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. As our team members gain experience, we strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Trupanion is seeking an ambitious and energetic individual who is passionate about training and coaching within our contact center. If you enjoy teaching and inspiring individuals to exceed objectives and be their best selves, this could be the position for you!
The Contact Center Training Coach will train new employees, develop and facilitate continued education for the current teams, and will become a go-to subject matter expert on all things Trupanion. This role will partner with other teams to improve efficiency and will be responsible for developing and revamping training material and programs.
- Maintain a high level of energy and enthusiasm when delivering training, especially with repetitive and sometimes complicated course material
- Create engaging and effective training materials using Adult Learning best practices while developing new and innovative ways to deliver content using eLearning strategies
- Monitor all department and company communication for changes to product, policy, and procedure and create/update training as needed
- Facilitate all Contact Center training for new employees and continuing education courses.
- Act as a role model and Trupanion brand ambassador
- Partner with management to identify training needs as required
- Organize and implement refresher training sessions for existing team members.
- Maintain quality assurance results throughout the training process by completing performance evaluations with new employees
- Work with project teams when developing and implementing new procedures and technology
- Communicate frequently with managers regarding new hire progress and onboarding
- Partner with Training Manager, hiring managers, and new employees as necessary for ongoing learning needs
Leadership of Others:
A Training Coach carries the responsibility of leading and inspiring all new employees and current employees in their learning and development. It is the responsibility and privilege of the training coach to hold trainees accountable to their learning and to help identify individuals’ needs for developing in their new roles or expand their skillsets in their current work. The training coach must frequently communicate with each individual about his/her progress, as well as addressing any performance or attendance concerns. This role requires strong leadership and communication abilities.
Qualifications (Please include a cover letter with your application!)
- 2+ years minimum training development and facilitation experience
- Experience with Instruction Design techniques preferred
- Experience with LMS administration preferred
- Experience working in a high volume contact center or customer service position is a plus
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Excellent communications skills
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with peers and leaders
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience with Captivate, Storyline or other SCORM authoring tool is a plus
- Ability to articulate and demonstrate the tenants of adult learning and instructional design as it relates to creating training courses and/or materials
- Strong understanding of contact center duties and responsibilities
- Passion for customer service and customer experience
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for “approved” office pets during business hours
- Free pet health insurance (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
Founded in 2000, Trupanion (NASDAQ: TRUP) offers medical insurance for cats and dogs in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico through its affiliated entities.
Trupanion is a registered trademark owned by Trupanion, Inc. Underwritten in Canada by Omega General Insurance Company and in the United States by American Pet Insurance Company. 6100 4th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98108. Please visit AmericanPetInsurance.com to review all available pet health insurance products.
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment (with an emphasis on individual initiative). Corporate levels exist in an adhocracy, but they are less strictly defined and valued than in traditional corporate environments.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.