Customer Ops Manager
Global Customer Operations is Expedia Group's Contact Center organization that supports Expedia’s largest leisure travel brands and clients. We are a global team that generates multiple hundreds of millions of dollars in yearly offline sales revenue and handles tens of millions of customer support contacts through a global network of Contact Centers with thousands of Agents. As a large-scale Contact Center organization, building and maintaining premier, scalable technology and process solutions is critical for our continued success.
The Enterprise Solutions Customer Operations Manager works with Enterprise Solutions (ES) team to drive the evolution of external clients’ booking and service models. You are accountable for defining process and policy in partnership with business partners and supplier representatives, positively influencing the overall cost, quality and compliance objectives for the clients. You will work with multiple teams and use business analytics to reduce customer effort and simplify process workflow across all serviced products. You will ensure appropriate staffing is in place and handle complex projects working closely with partners. You will create a cohesive, scalable and optimized service experience across the Expedia Group service portfolio.
Strategy and Planning
This position will be in Bellevue, alternative location may be considered depending on experience and skill set.
What you’ll do
- You ensure our clients’ support portfolio, agents’ tools and self-service automation, are premier and tailored to their customer base
- You identify and champion opportunities to scale operational practices in support of efficiency and customer experience, working across GCO to develop technology and product needs to optimize performance.
- You have a vision for service excellence and passion to achieving it to meet and exceed financial and experience objectives.
- You develop a framework for process improvement, policy and workflow creation and implementation and provide critical linkages between ES clients and call center partners
- Analyze performance and provide executive level summary presentations on weekly, monthly, quarterly and ad hoc basis
- Evaluate P&L opportunities for Partners and highlight risks and opportunities for sales and service staffing forecasts.
- Develop and implement improvement strategies and project plans, detailed document requirements, decisions and timelines to monitor and track progress to share with clients
- Liaise and maintain productive and effective working relationships with executive-level external Partners and internal GCO and ES Account Management Teams.
- Ensure Client is informed regularly on operational performance, gaps and customer/agent feedback.
- Work with other Expedia Group brands to understand opportunities to learn from other shared services groups, for flawless project execution for outsourced and internal call center operations.
- Partner across functions to identify and test opportunities for issue prevention, customer experience improvement and operational efficiencies with focus on skilling and routing technology, online customer self-service, and agent tools Test & Learns.
- Work with Global Product and Technical teams to design and implement new and optimize existing Agent tools and features to support book, change and cancel of travel plans
Who you are:
- You approach everything with drive and energy with an eye on customer satisfaction.
- You have a can-do approach to problem-solving and initiate action to influence improvement.
- You can take on and solve tough and complex problems in a fast-paced growing business.
- You display strong business insight and sound judgment and data driven decision-making.
- You can think through business challenges end-to-end and apply creative solutions
- You are passionate about the customer.
- A minimum of 5+ years of operation experience and where you have taken on increased responsibility and accountability in a highly dynamic setting
- Travel or Ecommerce experience preferred; working knowledge of GDS preferred but not required
- Experience and shown success in developing and meeting/exceeding critical metrics and SLAs
- Experience working in heavy data environment and being able to interpret and present clear and thoughtful analysis and actions
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- Highly analytical skills
- Skilled at mapping cross functional and detailed complex processes
- Strong interpersonal skills to articulate complex issues
- Previous experience working in a dynamic, high volume matrixed and global environment
- Build important relationships and influence others without direct reporting line
- Extraordinary organization and time management skills
- Strong ability to both lead and be a critical member of multiple projects
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated critical project deployed, working towards results
- Confirmed ability to work autonomously in higher pressure/demanding team
- Strong experience in developing, deploying and exceeding SLAs
- Detail oriented with strong focus on process, leadership, and continuous improvement
- Openness and enthusiasm for business travel (25%)
Work Experience and Education Guidelines:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in and/or Project management certification preferred
- Experience with Account Management a plus: demonstrated ability to handle partner requests and recommendations and prioritize partner asks with sensitivity to both internal and external stakeholders
- Customer Focus
- Leading through Complexity
- Problem Solving
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Relocation (Y/N): Y
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.