Director, Operational Excellence
Egencia -- Expedia Group business travel -- is one of the top Travel Management Companies (TMCs) in the world. We provide innovative business travel solutions and local customer service in 65 countries. We are a great place for exceptional people who share our real passion for tech and travel to do their best work.
We are seeking a high-energy leader to drive the definition and delivery of optimal end-to-end processes that enable the Finance organization to effectively support the rapid growth of the business. You will focus primarily on: identifying the capabilities required to drive simplicity, consistency and efficiency, and collaboratively driving the implementation of the required changes.
This emerging role, reporting into the Sr Director Financial Operations Program, presents an exciting opportunity to lead a function that interacts with multiple facets of Egencia’s business and Expedia Group at large. If you are energized by the challenge of solving complex puzzles: envisioning what could be and partnering with forward-thinking colleagues to bring that vision to reality, read on and get in touch!
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with key partners across the organization to envision and design the future state of operational excellence. Identify root causes of issues within the current state as well as required remediation.
- Create the road-map for delivery and lead a team of professionals in executing to achieve the vision.
- Develop performance metrics to measure the impact and success of the implemented process changes
- Serve as a change agent and trusted adviser with strong credibility and influence in the organization
- Champion a culture of innovation and continuous improvement through vocal advocacy and visible hands-on leadership
- Build and develop a high-performance team that evolves with business needs.
Who You Are:
- Success depends upon your rare blend of a solution focused mindset, and unrivaled ability to execute and deliver tangible results. Ability to think big and execute at the detailed level is critical to this role.
- You think deeply about the business, your partners and the desired outcome you are trying to accomplish. You have a strong sense of urgency to attain these outcomes.
- You are curious: skilled at zeroing in on the right questions and resourceful at finding answers. You challenge assumptions in order to drive optimal solutions.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity, adept at breaking down large initiatives into digestible pieces.
- You are proficient in identifying and framing opportunities in a structured, fact-based way that clearly outlines options, risks and trade-offs.
- You are skilled at advocating for the desired end state, influencing and motivating teams to come along on the journey, and gaining commitment from your business partners across all levels of the organization.
- You are an effective communicator and strike the balance of frequency, format and depth for your various audiences.
- You are obsessive about quality and excellence in process and results. You balance the perfect with the pragmatic to reach outcomes that move the organization forward quickly and effectively
- You thrive in an environment where the pace is always swift and where there are several priorities and multiple stakeholder interests to juggle. Consequently, your portfolio of accomplishments demonstrates impeccable planning, prioritization and organization skills.
What You Bring:
- 10+ years’ experience in business process design, optimization and implementation in a rapidly changing environment
- Experience successfully serving on complex initiatives e.g. transformation programs, new product line launch, post-acquisition integrations
- Consistent record of delivering results to meet bold business requirements and project timelines
- Demonstrated change management leadership capabilities to drive significant process and behavioral change throughout an organization
- Proven success at influencing in heavily matrix organizations
- A Finance background is an added advantage
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.