Director, Vacation Rentals
Changing and innovating in the market to drive Expedia’s growth is at the heart of what we do. Expedia’s objective is to present the most comprehensive and bold range of accommodations to travelers around the globe so that they can find and enjoy their perfect trip. Expedia is extending the breadth and depth of its offering by investing in the fast-growing Vacation Rentals (VR) segment.
We are looking for an energetic Director to support strategic supply initiatives in close coordination with HomeAway and all Brands part of Expedia Group portfolio.
You will report to the Senior Director of Vacation Rentals, within Lodging Partner Services (LPS) New Inventory, a dedicated unit built to spearhead our growth into complementary lodging businesses. The position will be based in Seattle or Austin.
What you'll do:
The Director Vacation Rentals will be responsible for identifying and prioritizing opportunities to optimize the VR supply platform and for driving transformation and change. The scope covers inventory contracted and handled directly by Expedia Group and includes the Expedia (LPS) and HomeAway teams. You will bring strong analytical, problem solving and influencing skills coupled with a passion for tangible results. You will have a ‘hands on’ mindset, willing to go deep in execution and operational matters, while maintaining a holistic and strategic overview.
- Identify and prioritize opportunities to build and optimize a state-of-the art VR supply acquisition and management platform, obtain consensus & commitment from key partners and various teams involved in execution, lead the execution with relevant teams
- Jointly with LPS and HomeAway leadership teams, define the long-term operating model on the VR category for Expedia Group and build the operational execution, with specific focus on acquisition and account management of large Property Management companies
- Effectively operationalize the Expedia Group VR strategy with relevant internal partners (Product & Technology, Operations, Account Management, Finance, Legal, Tax, Fraud, etc) and external parties
- Act as the ‘VR machine’ owner, helping central and in-market partner-facing teams to achieve their ambitions in terms of supply growth and management and partner satisfaction
- Develop a deep understanding of our VR supply acquisition and management platform, with a crisp view on drivers of changes and downstream operational implications
- Act as the change engine for ongoing innovations on the VR segment
Who you are:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree; MBA or other post graduate qualification desired
- You have 10-12 years of experience, with a preference for those with a management consulting background and/ or a similar role in a leading technology company. Experience on the Vacation Rentals category is a plus.
- You have demonstrated leadership skills and can handle & mobilize multiple partners (including executives) and demands in a fast-moving organization – change orientated environment
- You are self-motivated and able to drive success with limited guidance, likes to operate in an entrepreneurial set up, taking ownership for end-to-end inception to delivery while collaborating effectively across a wide-range of seniority across the organization
- You have worked in a flexible, fast paced ever-changing and challenging environment
- Validated history in a fast-paced and fast-growing environment where innovation and structured thinking, as well as ability to execute fast on opportunities are needed to keep up with the business and competition
- Deep understanding and experience in working with and in a matrixed environment and driving change across functional teams, demonstrated ability to lead, and dedication to run & mobilize partners (including top executives)
- Strategic & Innovative: Constantly curious and a leader with vision – powerful analytics, agile in thinking and execution, solves pragmatically, tests-and-learns, brings innovative thinking from ‘elsewhere’
- Analytical Skills: Secure and compare information from multiple sources to identify core issues; commit to an action plan after weighing alternative solutions against decision criteria; dedicatedly and quickly make sense of complex issues; responding effectively to complex and ambiguous situations. Strong technical affinity – ability to pick up and maximize effective usage of systems and analytics.
- Collaboration & Influencing: Clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas to individuals and groups; communicate in a focused and compelling way that gathers and holds others’ attention. Create and execute influencing strategies that persuade key partners to take action towards advancing shared interests and building on business goals.
- Passion for Results: Driving high standards for individual, team, and organizational accomplishment; creatively working to meet or exceed challenging goals; deriving satisfaction from goal achievement and continuous improvement.
- Drive for Results: High impact personality (intellectual agility, entrepreneurship, empathy in relationship, standout colleague); hungry, ambitious, motivated, willing to take action and are results-focused; You excel in organization and time management skills, rigor, attention to details; validated follow-up/persistence when facing challenging situations; ability to multi-task effectively; ability to change gears quickly without skipping a beat; self-motivated and ability to drive success with limited guidance, likes to operate in an entrepreneurial set up and be involved into & own execution.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.