eCommerce Marketing Manager
Collectively, the Expedia, Inc. brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to thousands of hotels and vacation rentals, hundreds of airlines, thousands of activities, and dozens of car rental companies and cruise lines.
The Expedia Local Expert business provides travelers with access to activities, attractions, tours, transportation, and other services in destinations around the world, both online and offline.
We are committed to building a pleasurable experience across all platforms including mobile and app. This position is responsible for setting business strategy, executing and implementing it to achieve set targets and objectives.
The Retail team manages global eCommerce operations for Expedia Group’s Tours, Activities, and Attractions business on various points of sale, including the websites of Expedia, Inc. and its affiliates, across all platforms including mobile and app. This position is responsible for contributing to and implementing Merchandising and Marketing business strategy to achieve targets set forward by organizational leadership.
General Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Understand and measure the key drivers of the LX consumer decision journey from shopping, booking, post-purchase and repeat
- Develop creative marketing/merchandising concepts that appeal to our customers
- Liaise with marketings team across the organization to execute on global multi-channel merchandising campaigns
- Participate in hands-on campaign execution: coupon creation, creative asset development, channel communications planning, performance monitoring, etc
- Collaborate with the Expedia Social team to expand our existing LX social media and influencers programs, helping to establish goals, KPIs, and tactics
- Formulate recommendations for product enhancements and new product requirements
- Represent LX in broader business planning meeting
- Lead meetings and planning sessions to grow support for LX business
- University degree, preferably in Marketing
- 5+ years relevant work experience in fast-paced environment, preferably in B2C eCommerce
- Experience in conceptualizing and organizing large scale merchandising campaigns, preferably multi-channel
- Strong analytical, organization, communication, and people skills required
- Creative thinker, equally passionate about developing and executing their ideas
- Strong project management skills, with ability to prioritize across multiple business priorities, projects, and stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written communication a must, Photoshop proficiency a plus
- Fluency and proven results with social media programs and influencer communities
- Keen commercial awareness with experience of performing against commercial targets
- Experience working in a team environment and communicating with multiple stakeholders
- Proven ability to be successful in a matrixed organization
- Understanding of CRM systems and web analytics software a plus
- A consumer mindset, a passion for change and a love of travel
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.