Executive Assistant to the CEO at Tango Card
As the first Executive Assistant (EA) at Tango Card, you will directly contribute to the efficiency of our business by providing personalized and timely support. You will implement flawlessly, calendar efficiently, and support all kinds of administrative and project tasks.
You will primarily support David (our CEO), yet your reach and impact will touch all members of the executive leadership team.
To be successful in this role, you should be well-organized and have great time efficiency skills, and act swiftly to take initiative and ensure all within your reach is off without a hitch!
Reports To: Our CEO, David LeedsAs an Executive Assistant at Tango Card, you will:
- Champion a broad variety of tasks that support the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the organization, including:
- Assisting with special projects
- Crafting and producing sophisticated documents, reports, and presentations
- Collecting preparing, and detailing meeting information (e.g. agendas, meeting notes, etc.) with staff and outside parties
- Composing and preparing correspondence
- Making travel and accommodation arrangements
- Completing expense and mileage reports
- Handling email, including prioritizing and determining appropriate course of action, referral, or response while exercising judgement to reflect CEO’s style and organization policy
- Work closely with the CEO to manage their calendar, including keeping them well advised of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately, and anticipating the CEO's needs in advance of meetings, conferences, etc.
- Provide support for Board meetings and events, such as arranging and handling all logistics, schedule meetings; draft agendas; develop, compile, and distribute presentation materials; and record meeting minutes on behalf of Board Secretary while also adhering to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding Board matters
- Manage other executives’ calendars and set up meetings
- Coordinate all Executive Team meetings and assist with company meetings and events
- Replenish office materials such as snacks, printer supplies, paper, office supplies, etc.
- Provide hospitality to all guests and help to build a welcoming environment
- Answer main phone line and respond to inquiries
- Process and distribute daily mail
- Minimum of 5 years experience as an executive assistant reporting directly to a C-suite leader
- Minimum of 3 years experience managing a C-suite leader’s email and calendar
- Experience with productivity tools such as Slack, Box, etc.
- Experience with scheduling and preparing materials for Board meetings
- Experience managing multiple calendars and meetings for a team of executives
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel, etc.)
- Skilled in Google Workspace (Google Calendars, Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.)
- Skilled in calendar management with the ability to prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting challenges and making to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements
- Ability to use travel and expense software tools to process expense reports
- Ability to complete a plethora and volume of tasks and projects with little or no oversight
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround
- Ability to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
- Ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice
- Skilled in both verbal and written communication that relates to people at all levels under any kind of condition both within and outside the organization
- Ability to be eloquent, professional, friendly, helpful and empathetic
- Ability to handle pressure and deadlines effectively
- Ability to enhance the image of the CEO and the company
Travel: Up to 10% travel per month may be required for local meetings.
Please note: visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Competitive compensation package (money isn’t everything, but it helps)
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits (100% employer paid premium)
- Unlimited PTO and a generous holiday schedule
- 401(k) matching and equity opportunities (401(k) is a 100% match of up to 6%)
- Home-Office grant for ensuring a great WFH environment during social-distancing measures
- Award-winning culture that fosters autonomy, creativity, inclusion, transparency, and ownership
- Continued education and self-growth opportunities through Udemy
- Virtual fitness benefits through Classpass
- Dog-friendly offices
Tango Card helps thousands of companies reach their goals by making rewards and incentives easy to send and awesome to receive. Our customers genuinely love working with us, and it shows: We’ve made the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America for the last five years. We’re backed by a stellar group of investors, including the private equity firm FTV (which led a $35M growth equity round in 2018), Fyrfly Venture Partners, Floodgate Capital, Eric Schmidt’s Innovation Endeavors, SWaN & Legend partners, and WTI.Why Work for Us
Tango Card is proud to have been rated one of the Best Companies to work for by Built In Seattle. We’re on an incredible path to be the #1 rewards provider, and we are hiring amazing people across all areas of the business to accomplish our vision.
We foster an office culture of autonomy and transparency with flexible working hours and slim team structures. We provide our team members with what they need to be successful—whether that’s the latest technology at their fingertips or empowering them to attend conferences about industry trends. We’re committed to promoting mentorship and career development opportunities for our team members. Our physical offices are designed for productivity and comfort with standing desks, comfortable pod chairs, and a very dog-friendly environment. If working from home is more your thing, many roles offer the choice to establish a remote office. With a company like Tango Card that’s experiencing high growth year over year, career opportunities abound and you have the chance to create, own, and grow your role.
COVID-19 Update: To learn more about how Tango Card has adapted during these times, take a look at our blog post, How Tango Card is Changing in the Face of COVID-19, by our CEO, David Leeds.
Tango Card is proud to extend its Voluntary WA State Paid Family Medical Leave Plan to employees across all Tango Card locations.
Tango Card is an equitable and equal opportunity employer; we’re strong because we’re diverse and prioritize inclusive practices. All applicants will be recruited and considered for employment regardless of their social identities, including but not limited to race, gender, color, religion, belief, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, and other protected classes. We thrive in the areas of recruiting and hiring when we have a growing awareness of the challenges faced by underrepresented candidates during the application and hiring process. We encourage all candidates to apply for roles they feel they have the skills to fulfill or a willingness to learn.