Global ADM Manager at Expedia Group
- The Global ADM Manager’s role requires a leader that is skilled enough in the details of debit memo research to assist the growth of their team members but is also able to approach ADM operations with strategic vision. In addition to managing and building and leading a team of direct reports, the role requires the successful juggling of additional duties that include, but are not limited to managing small projects, writing business specifications, collaborating with quality and training departments, and negotiating mutually agreeable outcomes with internal and external partners. The successful candidate will be able to lead with strategic vision while also holding their own when the business requires direct intervention at a tactical level.
- Leading a team of direct reports in a virtual environment
- Interfacing between internal and external partner, including but not limited to Airline Account Managers, Finance, Air Operations, Customer Operations, ARC, IATA, Global Distribution Systems, Support Vendors, Airline and Airline Vendors to handle various issues from providing direction, clarifying policy and negotiating resolutions that benefit Expedia Group financially.
- Develop and adjust processes leading to the most cost-efficient resolution of debit memos.
- Identify and champion technology enhancements in support of improving ADM operations.
- Write business specifications and manage projects in pursuit of optimizing work performed by the ADM team.
- Investigate and analyze validity of debit memos escalated from vendors, consult with account manager, and assist team members in appropriate disputes with airline and/or GDS as needed.
- Identify ADM drivers and work with the various teams to make adjustment to reduce the issues driving the ADMs. The successful candidate will be able to influence partners to make changes without any authority requiring these changes.
- Develop working relationship with airlines and GDS to negotiate outstanding debit memo issues.
- Support Account Managers by assisting direct reports in the investigation of issues, creation of supporting documents, and making recommendations when appropriate.
- Be a subject matter expert on both the operational issues of managing debit memos as well as internal and industry drivers of debit memos and act in the capacity of educator where appropriate.
- Identify internal and external system issues and report to appropriate groups
- Provide ad hoc reports for various departments across the company
- Management skills to select, train, motivate, and guide a analysts in the performance of their duties
- Strong ability to shift between guiding and mentoring staff and handling assigned projects independently
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills are necessary
- Ability to gain a quick understanding of technology with a particular focus on e-commerce
- Ability to gain and retain various global air processes that influence the determination of liability
- Strong written and oral communication skills; including fundamental presentation skills and the demonstrated ability to articulate ideas clearly and appropriately influence others
- Experience in Booking, Ticketing, Refunding, and Exchanging Air Tickets preferred.
- Ability to understand and comprehend airlines pricing, fare rules and restrictions
- Self-motivated and able to work well with frequently shifting priorities
- Ability to write thorough and understandable documentation
- Excellent attention to detail
- Work Experience and Education Guidelines:
- Minimum two years’ experience with direct people management responsibility.
- Minimum two years’ experience in the Airline Debit Memos strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in a Travel environment (Agency/Airline)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools; specifically Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Knowledge of airline rules and regulations including but not limited to fare rule interpretation, basic ticketing, ticket exchanges, ticket refunds and Airline initiated schedule changes preferred
- Proficient in one or more Global Distribution Systems (GDS) Sabre, Amadeus preferred; native mode required)
Why join us ?
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.