Global Real Estate, Regional Director, Americas
Accountable for developing, scaling and managing the team, design, construction and all support functions for site operations in the respective regions (UK, Americas, APAC, Austin and Seattle) from regional, hub or HQ office location(s). Hire and direct in-house FTE and all outsource real estate programme and project managers for all countries in the region. Direct regional facilities leader, and office managers to establish standard processes and best practices for project delivery, office build-outs and ongoing facility operations, ensuring parity with all Expedia Group offices, globally. Provide a strategy to include all capital and projected annual expenses with local and regional Expedia Group leadership for current and upcoming office locations. Develop annual plan for capital and expense requirements ($100M+/annually) with executive leadership and FP&A. Track, balance and manage teams to execute to the annual plan as well as schedules, facilities operations and staffing expense budgets, scaling, flagging variations, and communicating strategic change requirements as required.
What you'll do:
Real Estate and Construction Services:
- In conjunction with executive leaders and FP&A, develop annual, and long term strategy as applicable, for real estate space planning, relocation requests, new site evaluations and long range plans for future growth.
- Accountable for all construction projects in respective area to include project team(s), providing capital budget for the Project Expenditure Request (PER).
- Direct programme manager(s), architects and project managers, general contractors.
- Accountable that all capital projects are completed within the target schedule and approved budget.
- Direct the design process to create dynamic, energized workspace reflecting geographic and cultural requirements across the respective regions
- Responsible for the creation, acceptance and implementation of workplace guidelines, insuring parity across offices, countries and regions. This includes capital spending, facilities expenses and amenity levels.
- Lead planning for best utilization of space and resources for new buildings, or re-organizing current premises.
- Investigate availability and suitability of options for new premises
- With Global Planner and executives plan for future development in line with increased headcount
- Engage and coordinate with IT and key business leaders as required for all projects and site work.
- Responsible for recommendations to reduce costs and streamline current real estate and facilities processes.
- Direct Sustainability and renewable energy efforts in design and construction
Facilities Management (FM) & Office Services:
- Accountable for Property and FM resource(s) providing office, property and related services for all site operations and office locations regionally.
- Responsible for coordination with physical security and related operations for all sites
- Direct regional FM support to calculate and compare costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum overall value
- Directly manage Regional Lead for regional provider and lead change to ensure minimum disruption to core activities;
- Direct FM lead and scale team to plan essential central services such as reception, maintenance, mail, archiving, cleaning, catering, waste disposal and recycling with guidance and ongoing improvements to sustainability programs.
- Direct office furniture standards and suppliers, maintenance and replacement
- Accountable to ensure all regional offices/ buildings meet health and safety requirements and have complete emergency procedures in place as required by each municipality and local management team
- Manage team(s) that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and follow up on any deficiencies with local leadership
- Direct, hire, scale and lead one or more teams to cover various areas of responsibility within region, hub and/or HQ
- Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise with appropriate coordination with Comms team and executive leadership.
- Responsible to establish processes and manage teams for IMACs (install/moves/adds/changes), and office move logistics
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with key vendors, including executive leadership
- Direct and coordinate transportation programs and parking services
- Ensure Sustainability programs in place at all sites and coordinate with resources for annual reporting
- Represent Facilities on core emergency and Disaster/Business Resiliency program by region.
- Cross functional accountability with Expedia Group leadership to determine requirements and budgets for the key products and services necessary for the effective operation of all sites and office locations. Direct regional team on all facets of the acquisition of required products and services regionally.
- Accountable for team coordination with the corporate procurement and security managers to leverage existing contracts for facilities and professional services.
- Direct new vendor source selections in conjunction with Procurement and Security department leads; advise on requirements, contract price, terms & performance requirements with these vendors.
- Responsible for the management of real estate and facilities related vendor relationships in conjunction with department leads and coordination with same on executive communications.
- Responsible to communicate issues that arise within FM to Procurement and Security leadership.
Additional responsibilities as assigned:
Brand Liaison – as applicable for brands with sole occupancy, i.e. Egencia, HomeAway:
Key contact for brand executive leadership on all global Real Estate related issues to include:
- HC verification, transaction updates and key date summaries, capital project status and forecast/spend
- Advise brand and EG executive leadership on long term portfolio optimization
- Guidance and recommendations for facilities solutions and admin services resources
- Quarterly summary on above points to review with executive leadership
- Point for global office locations with Global Planning, Transactions, Capital Projects and FM Resources
Who you are:
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or related field required. Masters Degree in Business preferred.
- Leadership experience managing medium-to-large scale complex business operations involving real estate, office design/buildout, procurement & facilities management functions.
- 15+ years overall operations experience in a related field such as Real Estate & Construction, Manufacturing Operations, Procurement & Supply Base Management and Facilities Management.
- Proven track record at expense and capital budgeting and meeting annual targets
- Experience working in an international business setting, involving customers, vendors and employees in a global environment.
- Expertise in communications, reporting and updates with high level leadership, locally and globally
- Ability to work on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues.
- Strong process orientation and process improvement
- Project management and proven program implementation experience.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven success in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Experience in hiring, managing and scaling a successful, productive team
- Executive communication skills and track record
- Proficiency in multiple languages a plus.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, MS Project and PPT required.
- This position has a travel requirement – regionally, and may involve international travel.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.