Manager – Commerce Compliance Operations at Expedia Group
The Commerce Compliance Operations Manager and Compliance Director will play a meaningful role in providing payments solutions for the travel market. Expedia Group is responsible for enabling $90 Billion of customer and supplier payment services for a portfolio of global online travel brands under Expedia Group. To date our transactional capabilities are clearly leading the travel industry. And while our technology and products have initially been built to power some of the industry’s leading brands, their ambitious strengths represent a compelling opportunity to broaden Expedia Group’s reach in the ecosystem of travel providers. Join a nimble and mighty team at the forefront of travel plus payments technology development and experience this transformational journey.
This position will be responsible for the compliance operations functions of our commercial payments business throughout the customer lifecycle – sales & contracting, onboarding and sub merchant due diligence, ongoing operations and offboarding.meeting our This position will coordinate the compliance functions across our Commerce Teams, our supporting Expedia Group teams and with our partners.
As a key member of the eCommerce Platform (eCP) Commercial Products group, your role will be critical to building, improving and scaling payments related operations and compliance functions to power the $2T travel industry. You will work collaboratively across Sales, Product, Technology, Operations, Risk, Legal, Controllership and Expedia Group Channel Partners to ensure compliant eCommerce capability readiness powered by global payment solution providers. This role will report to the Director of Commerce Business Operations & Compliance for the General Manager of the eCP Commercial Products group.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Implement and manage our Compliance operations functions across the full customer lifecycle
- Business development, sales and contracting
- Customer Onboarding & Due Diligence
- Ongoing Operations – for Risk & Fraud, Payments & Payouts, Chargebacks and back office business functions (e.g., Collections, Write Offs, Accounts Payables, Escheatments, etc.)
- Customer Offboarding
Implement a Compliance framework and operational function
- Act as the Commerce Compliance manager
Responsible for compliance adherence (review, approval, signoff) for each sub merchant we review or onboard, each partner that we work with and for our business as a whole
On a global basis, monitor new compliance rules, regulations, best practices and support tools via peer groups, industry associations, periodicals and partner SME’s – modify our approach accordingly
- Develop our compliance approach, framework and operational processes supporting Know Your Customer (KYC), Know Your Payee (KYP), Customer Due Diligence (CDD), Sanctions Screening, Anti Money Laundering (AML), Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR), governmental agency reporting, customer privacy, etc.
Coordinate the compliance execution across our operational teams (e.g., Risk Operations, Payment Operations, Back Office functions, Risk Underwriting Operations, etc.). Ensure review and alignment with our Controllership function.
- Tailor our approach, processes, support partners and tools to each global jurisdiction where we operate and to the compliance checks relevant to each stage of the customer lifecycle
- Differentiate and define our compliance approach and processes for solution / enablement partners and sub merchant entities versus the compliance approach implemented for payment transaction processing
- Ensure we implement the performance indicators, metrics, reporting and document retention to effectively ensure we are fully compliant at all times
- Working across our internal stakeholder teams, ensure full certification for our business (e.g., PCI, SOC, etc.)
- Coordinate with our Controllership function to provide audit & compliance support (Corporate Audit Services, card scheme audits, PCI, SOX, etc.)
Ensure Expedia Group meets their regulatory and compliance commitments
- Stay current on all regulatory and compliance requirements; industry best practices through alignment with the partnerships team as well as EG legal and corporate controls functions
- Understand how these requirements impact the Operations functions (e.g., KYC, KYP, Sub Merchant Due Diligence, etc.).
- Ensure complete regulatory and compliance adherence as we scale our business. Reduce our risk profile by implementing additional best practices while reducing the costs of compliance and controls (e.g., via process improvements, automation, enhanced reporting, etc.)
- In conjunction with the overall Expedia Group controllership function, maintain all controls documentation, support all testing of the controls and support all operational reviews and audits
- Represent the commercial products team in compliance visits and audits along with the partnerships team
WHO YOU ARE
- Proven track record with Compliance functions and implementing business oriented operational processes to meet our compliance obligations in a timely, accurate, controlled, documented and auditable fashion
- Significant and specific experience operationalizing and scaling the following compliance functions - Know Your Customer, Know Your Payee, Sanctions Screening, AML & SAR
- Experience operationalizing these functions on a global / multi-jurisdictional basis highly preferred
- Experience with 3rd party vendors and / or toolsets to operationally perform these functions is preferred
- Proven experience in building, staffing, training and scaling compliance operations teams
- Experience with building in house and with full or partial outsourcing
- Experience with PCI, Privacy, SOX compliance, SOC certifications
- Significant experience with business process mapping & controls, process and cycle time improvement and process automation
- Demonstrated team leadership & coaching skills; strong cross functional alignment and teaming skills
- Payments Industry and / or Travel Industry experience is a plus
You will fit this role if you have:
- Passion for Results: Maintain high standards for the individual, team and organizational accomplishment. Tenaciously work to meet or exceed challenging goals. Derive satisfaction from goal achievement and continuous improvement.
- Communication and Influence Skills: Clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas to individuals and groups; communicate in a focused and compelling way that draws and holds others’ attention. Create and execute influencing strategies that persuade key partners to take action towards advancing shared interests and business goals. Balance results with relationship.
- Analytical Skills: Secure and compare information from multiple sources to identify core issues. Commit to an action-plan after weighing alternative solutions against decision criteria. Enthusiastically and quickly make sense of complex issues. Respond effectively to complex and ambiguous situations.
- Eye for Business: Demonstrate a keen understanding of basic business operations and the organizational levers (systems, processes, departments and functions) that drive profitable growth. Draw from personal experience to quickly evaluate business plans and processes to identify data or recommendations that need further investigation.
- Decision Process: Use a factual approach to decision-making by systematically collecting valid and reliable data. Rely on the data rather than on emotions. Have the backbone to disagree and commit to the decisions towards better business outcomes.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, or equivalent required; MBA from a premier program preferred
- Relevant compliance, security, payments or fraud certifications preferred
- Location: Seattle, WA USA
WHY JOIN US
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
#LI-JA1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.