Manager, Expert Services Management at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Title: Manager, Expert Services Management
Preferrred Location(s): Remote CA, Remote IL, Remote NY; Remote, TX
The Customer Outcomes team at ServiceNow works with customers to help them achieve their business outcomes by providing customer success services and expert services. The team’s purpose is to accelerate customers’ adoption of the ServiceNow platform, enabling customers to realize value faster, reduce costs and reduce risks.
A Manager of Expert Services Management is a leadership position in our Customer Outcomes (professional services) organization focused on leading a team of experts (Business and Technical Consultants) responsible for timely, high quality delivery work related to IT and the related consultation/advisory/implementation/configuration work for the ServiceNow ITOM and/or ITAM portfolio.
What you get to do in this role:
- Provide day-to-day guidance to the Americas ITOM and/or ITAM technical and business process consulting staff to ensure timely, high quality delivery of implementation projects.
- Manage and predictably deliver against traditional Professional Services business measurements (e.g. utilization) and proactively drive actions to help ensure future attainment of these measures is possible
- Work closely with Resource Managers and Customer Delivery to support the staffing of projects with the right resources, with the right skills, at the right time and placing resources in deployments in alignment with growth and development plans to accomplish cross training goals
- Active participant, contributor and thought leader that provides mentoring, implementation, and consulting support to team members
- Determine training and development requirements and produce team and individual training plans. Adapt these as necessary to meet the changing needs of the organization
- Provide direction and leadership for new hires, ensuring adherence to the enablement plan and new hire ramp times
- Work with the Geography’s Customer Delivery management to continuously improve the skills and quality of the individuals in the organization
- Collaborate and contribute to the creation, deployment, and maintenance of technical and process best practices and standards
- Provide an environment to drive ideation
- Facilitate completion and consistency of process improvements, technical accelerators, implementation patterns, deliverable services and other collateral developed by the team
- Provide feedback into BU product teams for continual improvement of product capabilities, features, and interoperability in consideration of customer needs and requirements
- Help cultivate and propagate release and enablement collateral to team members
- Develop your team and people including coaching, mentoring and specialty skill development for all roles, inclusive of first-line management
- Be the Subject Matter Expert on ITOM and/or ITAM best practices and advise customers, employees, and partner people
- Drive the continuous improvements of your business, our methodology and service offerings based on field experiences and needs
- Be accountable to ensure customer engagements that are under your or teams span of control are complete, consistent, high quality, on time and deliver valued outcomes
- Be an active participant, contributor and thought leader in Communities of Excellence for this specialization
- Contribute to the continual improvement of Global Delivery and Practice business processes as well as the maturing of the ITOM and/or ITAM Services portfolio, capabilities, expertise, best practices, and solutions
In order to be successful in this role, the ideal candidate needs:
- 2+ years of leadership experience in a professional services organization
- 4+ years of consulting experience for complex, global organizations
- Experience in managing a Services organization being inclusive of Resource Management and Engagement Scheduling
- Proven ability to influence and consult successfully on the subject of IT, IT Operations or IT Asset Management and IT Digital Transformations
- Experience and ability to speak to customer leaders (including CXO roles) to extract outcome expectations, and to influence their thinking and directions
- Significant experience in defining and deploying future-state IT processes and in identifying solutions from a people, process, and technology perspective with a focused prowess on implementation of technology
- Outstanding communication skills (both written and verbal) with highly confident presentation and facilitation skills (proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Vast understanding of and experience with leading ITOM or ITAM toolsets such as ServiceNow, HP Service Desk, HP Service Manager, CA Service Desk, IBM TSRM/CCMDB, Remedy ARS, Flexera and SNOW.
- ServiceNow System Administrator and CIS ITOM and/or ITAM Certifications (i.e. Discovery, Service Mapping, Event Management, Cloud Provisioning and Governance, Hardware Asset or Software Asset) are a plus
- Either IT Operations experience in storage, network and compute of enterprise environments or IT Asset Management experience around hardware and software lifecycle management
- Ability to interact with and influence a wide range of employees, including senior management, and entry-level personnel across a wide number of ServiceNow departments
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer-centric attitude, ability to deal with cultural diversity
- Experience in leading and mentoring a team of five or more employees
- Experience with people development, including coaching and mentoring for business and technical roles
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.