Manager, Field Operations
Are you passionate about travel and adventure?
Are you ready to help people go places?
This might be the team for you!
The Expedia Local Expert (LX) team believes that experiences are the heart of travel, and every traveler deserves a memorable experience on every trip. Our team brings those activities to travelers through knowledgeable local concierges in targeted destination markets. Our destination teams deserve the best operational tools, reporting, processes, and people available. In the LX Sales Operations team we provide that backbone, and drive projects and operational activities to capitalize on opportunities to help the business and our people grow and flourish.
You thrive on leading people in a dynamic change environment to build a great culture and organization across geographies, cultures, systems and processes. You lead with your heart and support that direction with data and world class structures. You're deeply experienced leading operations within a large, matrixed, fast paced environment. You lean in to new opportunities for transformation and growth with enthusiasm and bring others with you with your vision and energy. You bring an overflowing operational excellence toolbox with you to achieve great things with speed and effectiveness.
What you'll do with us:
- Collaborate with your team, stakeholders and leaders to build repeatable, dependable operational structures that support the continued growth of our target destination markets
- Lead your team of passionate individuals, encouraging them in their growth and development, creating a high-performance team across geographies and cultures
- Plan the best multi-site scalable approach for operations in support of the LX in market sales teams
- With the operations and leadership teams, plan and deliver operational metrics and measurements
- Plan resourcing in such a way that utilizes the best talents of each region, while maintaining high quality
- Systematically assess and reduce overhead costs across regions, look for ways to automate, enhance or streamline processes and tasks
- Ensure compliance and security in the sales and operations organizations
- Support, and mentor you team in supporting an ambitious multi-faceted sales team across regions and cultures
- Holistically improve individual and team performance
- Partner with the wider Operations Excellence team to ensure coordination across all organizational changes and work to identify gaps and risks
- Propose solutions (or facilitate solution identification)
- Develop and deliver executive level presentations and communications, mentor others in the development of high-quality materials
Who you are:
- You have 5 or more years of experience leading operational teams in an enterprise environment.
- You have a proven track record of success in team management and operational effectiveness
- You have a demonstrated ability to lead multiple people, programs and projects simultaneously, prioritize workload effectively and thrive in a complex environment
- You've demonstrated your commitment to lifelong learning by continuing your education. A degree or certification in a related field highly desirable
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.