Member Experience Specialist - Retention at Trupanion
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. As our team members gain experience, we strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Do you love pets? Are you looking for a career in a fast growing industry that helps pets? Want to be part of something big? If you answered yes to these questions, we want you!
Trupanion is looking for a motivated professional to join their dedicated, passionate, and fun Retention team. The right candidate for the Member Experience Specialist - Retention role will join the company's bold plans to lead the industry and grow market share.
When we say we have a serious love for pets, we mean it. We're made up of pet-passionate professionals who go above and beyond for our customers every day. This passion permeates our corporate culture and offices, where the pitter-patter of our four legged friends is ever present. Over 220 dogs come into the office with us each day, and even a handful of cats too. Their presence makes it easy to keep our mission top-of-mind. Our role is an important one and we don't forget that.
Key Responsibilities Include:
The role of Member Experience Specialist - Retention is on the front lines answering inbound customer calls, working to find a solution to help customers keep their pets protected with a Trupanion policy. Insurance can be confusing but we’re here to help! Our day to day is largely spent informing our current customers on how they can utilize their policy and addressing customer questions and concerns. We often find ourselves talking about claims, medical records collection, deductibles, and the industry landscape.
Success in this role is based on your individual performance, and monthly bonuses are eagerly awarded when goals are met and exceeded -- all while you help cats and dogs live longer, healthier lives.
Qualifications (Please include a cover letter with your application!)
- Minimum 1 year of successful Customer Relations or Retention experience in a high volume call center
- Minimum 35 wpm touch typing speed
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, SharePoint and Dynamics CRM
- Property and Causality licensed in Washington State ($500 signing bonus for licensed candidates OR Trupanion provides coursework and paid study time for candidate to pass test within 3 weeks of start date)
- Comfortable working in an office with pets
- Results-driven: understanding which results are important and why, and focusing resources available to achieve them.
- Communication Skills: able to communicate clearly over the phone and in writing.
- Emotional intelligence: ability to control outward emotions while handling interpersonal relationships empathetically.
- Emotional resilience: be aware of one’s own emotional reactions and adapt to stressful situations or crises without lasting difficulties post interaction.
- Critical thinking/ think outside the box: ability to assess, analyze, and problem solve while handling complex, gray-area situations.
- Problem Solving: Clearly define what the problem is, generate a plan for how to solve the problem and then implement it.
- Customer service experience: experience providing excellent service in a customer facing position.
- Ability to multitask: remain engaged and thorough in your work while actively handling two or more tasks.
- Positive attitude: maintain an overall positive outlook while handling difficult situations.
- Self-Motivated: internally inspired to do a good job and provide the best service.
- Patience/active listener: listens to truly hear their customer and their problems, and able to explain solutions in different ways until the customer understand.
- Calm under pressure: remain calm and poised under pressure while focusing on what’s best for the customer.
- Organizations skills: able to prioritize their work and understand when it is appropriate to give certain tasks priority over others.
- Coachable: someone who is self-aware, can recognize areas of opportunity, and receive feedback to improve their skill set.
- Time Management: You are able to plan your time effectively, re-prioritizing if needed, while remaining efficient and productive.
- Ability to learn quickly in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment
- Fluency in Spanish or Quebec French is a plus!
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for “approved” office pets during business hours
- Free pet health insurance (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
Founded in 2000, Trupanion (NASDAQ: TRUP) offers medical insurance for cats and dogs in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico through its affiliated entities.
Trupanion is a registered trademark owned by Trupanion, Inc. Underwritten in Canada by Omega General Insurance Company and in the United States by American Pet Insurance Company. 6100 4th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98108. Please visit AmericanPetInsurance.com to review all available pet health insurance products.
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment (with an emphasis on individual initiative). Corporate levels exist in an adhocracy, but they are less strictly defined and valued than in traditional corporate environments.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about