ExpediaWho you are:
The Daily Operations Manager will oversee the day to day real time operations for the Global Customer Command Center. They will support the Global Customer Operations team in the areas of real time performance monitoring, reporting analytics and serving as the point of contact for Contact Center system /service escalation activities while providing feedback to multiple groups within operations such as the service delivery and other key business stake holders. These activities will be completed through both managing and assisting a team of Operations Analysts who monitor key operations functions, support key applications and computing/voice platforms and associated elements in a 24x7. This position works under minimal supervision and relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish departmental goals. This position will also foster an environment of teamwork, leadership, motivation, and excellence.
What you'll do:
• Act as the primary point of contact for the Global Customer Command Center regarding questions/concerns on service delivery provided by the Customer Command Center.
• Drives creation of quality initiatives, process change and other key initiatives to enable the Global Customer Command Center to ultimately meet and exceed business goals.
• Make decisions that may have some impact on the success of department and/or other functions within Global Customer Operations.
• Responsible for overall quality and performance and customer experience of internal or Partner Contact Centers for all region.
• Responsible for hiring of new staff, reviews, performance improvement plans and terminations as required.
• Assist in Operational Analysts professional development and growth.
• Responsible for setting and clarifying requirements and expectations for Operational Analysts. Measure performance; provide timely feedback and holds GC3 Operational accountable for their performance and the performance of their department.
• Take proactive steps to ensure that best practices are shared across GC3 departments.
• Partner with management to define, enforce, and communicate operational policies and procedures.
Facilitate ongoing communication within the department related to new technology, products, and procedures to achieve service delivery goals and/or objectives.
• Ensure Operations Analysts are effectively performing real-time monitoring of critical business operations and performance indicators at interval level- call volumes, average handle times, queue time, call center agent availability, call center service level adherence.
• Conduct trend analysis of call volumes and business activities to anticipate and recommend changes in daily and long term strategy to key stakeholders.
• Analyze Partner forecast of data and compare it to actual data on a frequent basis to identify areas of concerns or cost savings for Expedia
• Ensure Operations Analysts act with a sense of urgency and aid with all service restoration efforts for any system disruptions that adversely affects Contact Centers ability to serve our customers.
• Ensure the Command Center recognizes and initiates escalation for all system difficulties or outages including switch, routing systems, computer systems, customized department systems and all applicable supported applications.
• Ensure Operations Analysts aid with the monitoring of world events for crisis situations that impact the business. Partner with Crisis Management Operations by ensuring staff gathers information, run impact reports and provide key information to inform the business of these events.
Minimum Required Skills / Qualifications:
• 5 years of management experience within Call Center, Operations Center, and/or Help Desk environments.
• Extensive customer service experience as it relates to a call center and/or support environment or Call Center Command Center experience.
• Proven experience leading cross-functional teams in high-volume, fast-paced environments with high degrees of change.
• Ability to translate broad strategies into specific operational plans. Ability to assess, write, and present business process enhancements and procedures.
• Ability to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous projects, problems or tasks with critical deadlines and produce quality results.
• Ability to solve problems independently with proper communication to management.
• Ability to focus on immediate issues/current department state while simultaneously planning for department future state
• Possess excellent written, verbal, comprehension and interpersonal skills. Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and departments.
• Possess a high degree of creativity, motivation, confidence, influence, and diplomacy.
• Ability to work with innovation and flexibility in a rapidly changing environment, where new process, functions can be introduced frequently, while ensuring organizational and goals are met.
• Must be a critical thinker who can contribute to challenging assignments in a business critical environment.
• Ability to multi -task and meet deadlines.
• Flexible working hours to cover all times for support if needed in a 24x7 environment
• Extensive familiarity with software applications including MS Excel. Knowledge in eWorkforce Suite.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of the organization and work with a variety of people from diverse backgrounds.
• BA or equivalent work experience required.
• ITIL experience/knowledge or certification a plus.Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.