SMB Account Lead
Interviews are the gateway between people and jobs--they are a critical connection point. And yet, while the interview is a universal experience, it has never been recognized as its own discipline. In fact, the vast majority of people conducting interviews receive no formal training in how to do so.
Karat is the market leader in Interview Engineering
At Karat, our mission is to make every interview predictive, fair, and enjoyable. To do so, we created and established the category of Interview Engineering.
Karat conducts technical interviews on behalf of organizations hiring software engineers. We do this through a community of Interview Engineers who are equipped with Karat's interviewing infrastructure, battle-tested questions, and data-informed best practices. The result is highly predictive and fair interviews at scale that candidates truly enjoy. Karat has amassed the largest, most robust dataset of structured-interview intelligence to produce never-before-seen hiring analytics.
Founded in 2014, Karat is a privately held and venture-funded company based in Seattle. Key clients include Pinterest, PayPal, Citrix, Intuit, and InVision.
Sales at Karat
We face incredible demand for our solution which delivers measurable ROI to top engineering organizations. Our sales model is deeply consultative with a focus on building trusted, long-term partnerships with engineering and recruiting leaders. As a SMB Account Lead, you will work closely with sales leaders, account management, and finance to ensure that our SMB accounts are supported and capable of expanding into deeper and larger relationships.
- Manage, Grow, and Renew Karat’s SMB book
- Establish yourself as a trusted advisor to our customers and prospects, building close relationships at varying levels within their organizations
- Manage accounts throughout their lifecycle, from onboarding and KPI definition through to renewal and upsell
- Develop tools that the team will use to monitor account health and opportunities
- Work closely with Product and Engineering teams to ensure the needs of and opportunities for our customers are considered in our product roadmap
- Inspired by our mission at Karat
- An ability to work and communicate effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- A passion for the problem we are trying to solve and a strong desire to work in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment
- Ready to approach every problem as an entrepreneur with grit, creativity, and persistence
- Open to wearing a lot of different hats and getting involved in various parts of the business
- Seek to represent the voice of the customer to Karat's leadership
- High energy, enthusiastic and activity driven
- 2+ years of working in a client-facing role or in a start-up environment
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
With thanks to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination