Sr. Manager, Engineering
Do you thrive in a flexible agile environment, focused on innovation, continuous delivery, DevOps and automation? Do you have a strong desire to build teams and architect solutions that deliver significant impact and benefits to the business? Are you passionate about delivering high-quality products to customers? Expedia, the largest Online Travel Agency (OLTA), is looking for an expert, highly motivated and disciplined Manager for our Logging & Customer Experience Monitoring teams. If you answered “Yes” to these questions, then we are eager to hear from you.
What you’ll do
- Manage a team of engineers in implementing high quality applications to support delivery and deployment of new business functionality.
- Use your systems thinking approach to solve process automation problems.
- Provide forward thinking engineering and release practices, resulting in products and services that are delivered with more efficiency, lower risk, and reduced customer impact.
- Develop and demonstrate detailed ownership of systems, configurations and documentation.
- Apply agile methodologies and new technology to enhance productivity, quality, and system performance.
- Work closely with stakeholders and product management to drive our product roadmap
- Ensure that features deployed have technical integrity and stability.
- Make recommendations on specific aspects of the operating and strategic plans of the function or unit at the next highest organization level.
- Interact with direct reports, customers and peers to share information and improve cross-departmental processes.
- Lead and manage individual contributors, including ongoing training and development performance evaluations, coaching, recruiting, and disciplinary actions.
Who you are
- 5+ year’s development or engineering experience.
- 3+ years management / mentor experience
- Experience with logging, streaming and customer experience tools such as Splunk, Elastic, Kafka, Glassbox and Opinionlab
- DevOps focus and experience at building high-quality solutions that scale quickly and safely.
- Amazon AWS experience highly regarded.
- Knowledge of technology including Java, Ruby, Python, Ansible, Chef, Terraform and Cloudformation.
- Experience with multi-tiered system operations in high-volume, PCI-compliant transactional environments including web, application, and database operational support and services
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.