Technical Solution Specialist
SkyKick is a fast-growing pioneer in the cloud market and has won numerous awards from Microsoft Partner of the Year to Red Herring Top 100 North America.
Our mission is to build SaaS products that solve the IT industry's cloud challenges. Our products are 100% focused on the IT Solution Provider partner channel.
Over 20,000 IT partners worldwide use SkyKick to build more successful cloud businesses, using the platform to more easily move, backup, and manage their customers in the cloud.
We love the new scale opportunities that come with our growth and would love to share this amazing journey with more passionate people!
About the Role:
The Technical Solutions Specialist is responsible for providing technical and functional oversight and solution implementation guidance and light software development across multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring high quality and consistent delivery. Projects will largely focus on technical integration between partner marketplace / commerce platforms and SkyKick’s products leveraging SkyKick and partner APIs.
The Technical Solutions Specialist will gather functional and technical solution requirements, create end-to-end process designs leveraging SkyKick best practices, and both perform light software development & testing as well as advise partner development teams and support their end-to-end integration development and testing.
Additional responsibilities include taking a lead role in prescribing SkyKick delivery and integration best practices and educating the team on these best practices.
About You / Key Skills:
- You have a passion for Customer Success
- You have managed and executed RESTful API integration development projects
- Familiarity with a variety of application layer networking protocols (HTTP, SMTP, DNS, IMAP, POP3, etc.)
- You have experience with Service Oriented Architectures (SOA)
- Technical project management experience
- Experience with Office365 (preferably full-suite) and SaaS applications
- Experience with Microsoft PowerShell, preferably with exposure to software development
- Customer focus, comfortable at operating at different levels in IT-savvy environments (e.g., can work with engineers, line managers, product managers, etc.)
- Familiar with prototyping and related presentation tools (e.g, InvisionApp)
- Presentation skills & training experience
- Ability to contribute to proposals, high level designs and systems documentation
- Software development and technical consulting background strongly preferred
- A BA or BS degree in computer science, engineering, or related field is preferred, 7+ years of experience in technical solution delivery of software or services in the technology market segment or equivalent