Reporting to the CTO, the Vice President of Planning & Effectiveness will be a critical driver of EagleView's overall transformation to a way of working that is anchored in continuous improvement, agility, design-thinking, and customer-centricity. In this role, you will build processes, systems and mechanisms to capture wins, establish and maintain budgets, create and maintain systems to measure effectiveness, and iterate and adjust programs as necessary to help meet and exceed business goals.
The ideal candidate will bring a proven track-record managing large-scale software delivery programs and the ability to earn trust and work effectively with cross-functional and cross-regional teams. Additionally, the incumbent will have a demonstrated track record of discovering and applying insights toward creating new mechanisms that help build and scale our programs.
- Lead and enhance EagleView's movement towards a Lean Agile culture and practice.
- Implement and maintain systems for reporting on development and delivery performance.
- Manage the planning of development capacity and allocations and then reporting on actuals
- Tracking team compliance with daily management and continuous improvement best practices.
- Direct Agile Program Management to ensure that EagleView's transition to the Scaled Agile Framework is organized and well executed.
- Direct and manage Release Train Engineers, ensuring that program delivery is planned effectively and occurs on a regular cadence.
- Direct Scrum Masters, ensuring that the team delivery is planned effectively, program goals are achieved, and the team capabilities are continuously improving.
- Define strategy to ensure cross functional, multi geography, and multi-disciplinary synchronization across programs and projects.
- Assess tools, approaches, and techniques to add efficiency and value-added improvements to existing processes and methods.
- Collaborate with stakeholders in multiple business and technical teams to define and deliver on agreed upon milestones. Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs.
- Coach leaders and teams on a variety of agile related topics including; product management, design thinking, lean, engineering culture, and DevOps.
- Influence the overall mission and objectives of teams by focusing on EagleView's business values, coaching teams to embrace the right mindset in ways of working (cadence, ceremonies, tools), and on-boarding new teams with the setup of working processes.
- 12-15 years of software engineering and management experience with a minimum of 5+ years in a senior leadership role overseeing scaled Agile delivery management, planning and decision making.
- Strong experience on driving Agile transformations - from building the strategy, to design and implementation.
- Strong planning & reporting capability to estimate and track the productivity and predictability of the ongoing and upcoming programs at an organization wide level.
- Excellent understanding and experience with Agile methodologies – Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, etc.
- Strong experience with technical engineering best practices including TDD, CD and DevOps.
- Robust experience with user-centric design like user research, hypothesis-driven development, prototyping, usability testing.
- Experience with effectiveness measurement tools like JIRA, Jelly Fish, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal, and collaborative skills.
- Track record of improving engineering processes across large teams with success in implementing Agile and test-driven methodologies.
- Demonstrated history of hiring, developing, retaining and upgrading technical talent including the management of globally distributed teams.
- Experience integrating with partner solutions and acquired technologies.
- Poise and ability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure, high-stress situations.
- Must be a critical thinker, with strong problem-solving skills, project management skills: financial/budget management, scheduling, and resource management.
- A strong solution orientation with a penchant for not only identifying problems but also finding ways of solving them within typical business constraints.
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams to achieve strategic goals.
- Ability to professionally handle confidential matters and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
- Bachelor's degree in related fields
EagleView® offers competitive pay and robust benefit plans along with the opportunity to grow your career in a fast-paced, fun and casual environment.
EagleView and its subsidiaries are committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE/AA. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.