Agile Project Manager II
The Agile Project Manager II (APM) is responsible for planning and supporting the day-to-day operations of EagleView's engineering projects. As an APM, you will work closely with the product team to build and maintain project scope and content, delivery schedule, and team allocations. You will be the primary interface between Engineering and all external project stakeholders on project delivery outlooks. You should be someone who enjoys and excels at facilitating complex deliveries across multiple teams in a dynamic, globally distributed environment.
Our ideal candidate has a keen eye for detail and dependencies, strong communication skills, self-motivation, and a highly organized nature. They will lead our engineering teams through the development life cycles of our many brands' new digital products including websites, applications, marketing platforms, and native apps, as well as maintaining and improving our current products.
- Lead and manage large, complex engineering-wide projects consisting of software and hardware deliverables across multiple globally distributed agile teams
- As a senior, cross functional leader, coordinate with Product Owners, other APMs, and Engineering Leadership to act as the "General Contractor" for end to end engineering delivery.
- Facilitate scoping and planning work needed for requirements (provided by Product Owners) for features/products/projects
- Own engineering release planning, providing external stakeholders with schedule, cost and content, aligned to the Global Release Calendar
- Use internal tools and processes to identify and propose solutions to resource or schedule constraints, and identify the most efficient resource utilization and provide evergreen resource allocation outlooks across multiple agile projects
- Proactively manage risks and drive issues to resolution – effectively communicate actions and needs to stakeholders
- Ensure all stakeholders are aligned (Product, Finance, Ops, Engineering, etc.) with regular, effective communication using standard tools and processes
- Follow and evangelize both the Product Development Process, and the SDLC, from Kick Off through to Closure – use the process as a means to drive for successful outcomes, *not* as an end unto itself
- Act as a change agent by identifying both internal and external process improvement opportunities to optimize overall delivery
- Support collection, publishing, and utilization of metrics to provide line of sight to fact based improvement opportunities
- Provide "limited" Scrum Master support to one or two agile scrum teams:
- Allocate no more than 10% (one day each 2 week sprint) in support of each assigned Scrum Team, to attend sprint retros, sprint planning sessions, and some (but not all) daily stand ups, acting as an Agile Coach. Provide all team level release communications, and align with Global Release Calendar.
- Work with Team Leads to ensure clarity on Roles and Responsibilities for other "Scrum Master" related activities to be distributed to the Team Lead or other Team Members
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree required, advanced degree preferred in a related field or equivalent industry experience
- 3 to 5 years of agile / technical project management or related experience
- Expertise in agile software development life cycle models
- Experience working with requirements repositories, work tracking systems, source control systems, preferably JIRA, Portfolio and Aha!
- Direct HR management experience a plus
- Background in development using Go, Python, Java, or C++. Familiarity with web-based technologies is a plus.
- Knowledge of GIS, neural nets and machine learning applications a plus.
EagleView® offers competitive pay and robust benefit plans along with the opportunity to grow your career in a fast-paced, fun and casual environment.
EagleView and its subsidiaries are committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE/AA. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.