Agile Technical Program Manager at Expedia Group
Do you have experience guiding development agile teams that craft internet-scale software systems? Do you have the startup itch and the passion to build a new business from scratch? Do you get excited about working in a small, nimble team laser focused on delivering customer (and commercial) value?
If you have an ambitious spirit and long for the opportunity to build solutions to problems that directly impact the company's bottom-line, we want to talk to you! We are searching for a Technical Program Manager who will guide multiple agile development teams and coordinate the launch of commercial products from conception all the way through requirements definition, analysis, technical specifications, development and delivery.
As a core member of our commercialization team, you will work along side development and product leaders to create the roadmap and project plan for building the new software solutions that will be used by customers across the travel ecosystem. You will provide agile leadership and coaching to multiple development teams and assist them in delivering on the project plan. You will also be communicating progress to key stakeholders and working across the organization to ensure all external dependencies are unblocked for the project.Responsibilities
- Perform project management activities, which include active mitigation of any risks to the project scope and schedule and provide status updates.
- Manage the team roadmap and team prioritization activities. Effectively handle trade-offs between cost, schedule and customer benefit; and provide technical direction and guidance.
- Ensure the road map and backlog priorities are maintained to enable a smooth agile development process and minimize blockers by partnering with product and development leads.
- Facilitate the development team’s agile ceremonies, lead retrospectives and coach the team on agile best practices.
- Monitor the team’s development velocity and facilitate the resolution of risks and blockers.
- Leader resolution of urgent engineering issues while communicating changes to business stakeholders.
- Communicate status, risks with resolution plan, upcoming milestones and recent releases to leadership teams and outside stakeholders.
- 5+ years of Program/Project Management and/or Scrum Master experience in a high-tech company
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, Computer Information Systems or related discipline (preferred)
- Certified Scrum Master and/or Project Manager (preferred)
- Understanding of N-Tier software development architectures and cloud services
- Demonstrated experience driving an agile software development process
- Ability to lead teams through issue resolution and risk management
- Excellent collaboration at all levels, with crisp and compelling verbal and written communication skills including presentation and listening skills with the ability to communicate complex technical information clearly and concisely to varying audiences.
- High degree of competency with project management including, Agile methodology, identifying and handling risks, tracking dependencies and breakthroughs, and communicating overall project status.
- High energy and a positive outlook with the passion to make things better at every opportunity.
WHY JOIN US:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
#LI-JA1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.