Benefits Manager - Leave of Absence
Expedia Group revolutionizes travel through the power of technology. Across the globe, our brands make travel easier for millions of people who want to step out of their homes and into the world. We’re a talented and dedicated team from all over the world – with 20,000+ employees, in over 50 countries. Together we seek new ideas, innovative ways of thinking, diverse backgrounds and approaches, because averages can lie and sameness is dangerous. Through incorporating a product-led approach and agile practices, we are focused on building a test and learn culture to improve our ability to attract, develop and retain talent in an increasingly competitive environment.
As the Benefits Manager you will own delivery of US Leave of Absences and Americas benefits offerings. You will resolve escalated issues, manage vendors, create communications, work on design and implementation and collaborate with functional areas within the company as well as with external consultants and administrators. This is a hands-on opportunity that will involve innovation and facilitation of activities supporting domestic and global rewards initiatives within a complex, global company.
What you'll do
- Act as point of contact for escalated Leave of Absence concerns and issues
- Liaise with employees, managers, HR colleagues and vendors to effectively communicate outcomes and mitigate risk
- Support Benefits administration processes for LATAM and Canada and support US benefits administration as per assigned responsibilities
- Anticipate legal changes for leave requirements across the U.S. and proactively identify solutions to ensure compliance and employee experience
- Anticipate and effectively manage vendors, invoicing issues, program changes, vendor contract management, and compliance requirements to ensure program offerings and delivery meets the needs of the organization
- Partner with analytics team to provide analysis of key program metrics and benchmarking studies - to understand trends as well as potential valuable changes that could be made to benefit offerings
- Serve as primary support for sensitive and escalated employee concerns, appeals and claims
- Own and constantly improve communication outlets for benefits information
- Work across multiple departments to ensure information is consistent, engaging and available
- Work collaboratively with local and regional Human Resources, Payroll, Legal, Communications, People Technology, Facilities, Finance, Procurement, and other key partners across Expedia Group
- Lead perk and fringe benefit programs to ensure compliant and efficient programs that are well understood and utilized by employees
- Works flexibly across time zones to fulfill business objectives.
- Lead third-party relationships for global programs including consultants, brokers, benefit administrators, and carriers
- Interpret and advise HR team on benefit changes that impact coverage and business. Provide training and guidance to HR as required
- Oversee benefit inquiries including employee, HR, and senior management queries; effectively address concerns and communicate issues and trends to senior management as appropriate
- Identify process improvements to provide a better experience to the employee with less errors
- Ensure benefits programs are current with regards to trends, practices, costs, and local competitiveness
- Develop, articulate, and execute communications and marketing recommendations for ongoing and new rewards initiatives
- Work on special projects as required
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience and certification.
- 4-5+ years benefits design and administration experience in a fast-paced, changing and high growth environment
- Good understanding of and relevant experience in global benefits and rewards design and administration
- Current with new benefit developments and industry trends
- Ability to prioritize urgent issues effectively and balance high volume
- Strong vendor management skills; demonstrated experience managing contracts and collaboration with Procurement and Legal
- Experience in automated benefits environment and with implementation and maintenance of benefits administration technology and tools desired
- Strong sense of cultural awareness
- A diplomatic, relationship builder with strong professional presence and demonstrated ability to both collaborate and influence others
- Detailed oriented and proficient in conducting research and gathering source material from project partners, technical experts and team members
- Ability to utilize content from multiple sources
- Ability to understand and express complex subjects as clear, concise ideas and share them through audience appropriate collateral
- Possess extraordinary project management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects from conception to completion
- Ability to balance being a strong team player and working independently
- Excellent Microsoft application skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint).
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.