Engineering Program Manager
This position reports to: Sr. Dir. Program Management
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
For your programs, you will be the driving force to:
- Develop the overall prioritization, milestones, deliverables, and success criteria.
- Identify and mitigate risks throughout the schedule.
- Coordinate the day-to-day activities required to deliver a great product on time.
- Host regular release meetings and deliver crisp status updates to all stakeholders.
- Ensure operational readiness for the technology.
- Manage external dependencies and logistics.
- Provide Agile leadership, coaching and training to Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Testers and functional managers and executives.
- Deliver hands-on coaching of individual scrum teams in all aspects of scrum - daily meetings, planning, self-organization, collaboration, iterative development, workshops etc.
- Provide leadership by example
- Develop and share best practices
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Minimum of 5 years project/program management with at least 2 years of that dedicated to running large engineering programs
- Minimum 4 years experience as an Agile practitioner and experience in Agile coaching
- Strong experience with workshop instruction based on Agile, experience with Agile estimation techniques, working knowledge of Agile tools, etc.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems (CIS), Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science (CS),or related field.
- Facilitation skills in leading planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives
- Excellent negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Superior communications and presentation skills.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Ability to make decisions independently
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills
- Excellent leadership and proven people skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with SaaS products.
- PMP & Agile certifications.
- At least 4 years of pure technical experience such as programming, systems administration, hardware/software, networking, or DBA experience.
- Working knowledge of hardware and storage platforms, networking technologies, and datacenter power distribution systems.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.