Assurance IQ is a technology company headquartered in Seattle. We were acquired by Prudential (NYSE: PRU) to further the joint mission of improving financial wellness across the world.
Our team of world class software engineers, data scientists, and business professionals work every day to expand our product offerings and the reach of our platform. We simplify the complex world of insurance and financial services into straightforward, valuable solutions to improve people's lives. We start by asking customers a few questions, so our system can learn about their needs; from there, our ground-breaking, proprietary platform takes over and analyzes the thousands of data points that make customers unique. This is how we create custom-tailored plans for each customer; plans built precisely for their needs and budget. Our platform serves as the intersection between customer and seller, technology, and the human touch.
At Assurance, we are innovative, persevering, collaborative, calculated, and authentic, and we're working together to improve the lives of millions!
About the Position
The InfoSec team is responsible for understanding the latest security threats, assessing Assurance’s IT security risks using HIPAA, PCI and SOC-2 frameworks, monitoring & responding to real-time threats, and working collaboratively with software engineering teams to minimize risk to our customer data.
This position is responsible for owning data protection and loss prevention for Assurance, helping to build practices and procedures to support Assurance’s data protection and security obligations. Your goal is to minimize the chance of Assurance customer and company data being compromised, without impeding the rapid growth of the business. You will be responsible for implementing data protection strategies and the practical application of security controls, and utilization of tools and techniques to detect and gather information. You will be responsible for triaging any issues discovered, and remediating any system security risks. You will direct the development and utilization of solutions for data loss prevention. You will collaborate with key internal stakeholders to best configure DLP tools in order to detect, monitor and prevent data loss within our cloud environment. You will own documenting our data protection program and proving its effectiveness to auditors.
- 3+ years of Data Loss Prevention, Data Protection, or Insider Threat security programs
- Insightful understanding of data protection tooling and hands on experience implementing DLP controls
- Cybersecurity and DLP knowledge and understanding of industry-accepted data processing controls and concepts as applied to access management and network security technologies, hardware, software, data, network communications, and people
- Experience with cloud system security tools ( such as AWS Config, AWS Inspector)
- Big data analysis skills, including SQL expertise
- Excellent written communication skills
Choose Assurance Because:
· Exceptional base salary plus bonus structure
· Comprehensive benefits which include, medical, dental, vision, 401K and more
· Unlimited paid vacation, sick leave, plus paid holidays.
· Growth opportunities, advance your career rapidly, we offer leadership development training and promote from within.
· Ongoing coaching and career development including individual and group coaching sessions.
· Fast paced, high performance environment.