Principal, Payment Strategic Partnerships at Expedia Group
The Principal, Payment Strategic Partnerships will drive significant platform and commercial opportunities in the Expedia Global Payments (EGP) organization. EGP is responsible for enabling $100 Billion of customer and supplier payments for a large portfolio of global online travel brands under Expedia Group .
The Principal, Payments Strategic Partnerships will identify, prioritize and execute opportunities at three levels–platform, enterprise and EGP. This includes but is not limited to contract negotiation with existing partners, implementation of new partners, and commercialization of platform capabilities or an existing partnership. This role will be given an opportunity to make big impact on Expedia Group’s vision of World’s Travel Platform
Define Opportunities with External Partners- Stay abreast of commercial, regulatory and innovative trends in the payment and travel industry, identity the best opportunities, practice and programs for EGP to reduce cost and increase revenue
Align Strategy with Internal Partners - Drive strategic alignment between external partners and Expedia Group teams including EGP, marketing, advertisement, Treasury, Corporate Development
Champion, prioritize and execute Card Issuer and Network - Prioritize opportunities towards pre-defined financial goals, partner with a wide range of internal and external partners to ensure high-quality, timely delivery of prioritized initiatives Manage Card Issuer and Network Performance– Enhance the relationship and improve financial performance with external partners
- Transparent and effective business reviews including QBRs and weekly calls
- Conduct industry/partner benchmarking, RFI, RFP or similar kinds
- Perform contract negotiations and monitor contract performance
- Executive-level escalations and resolutions for issues that have massive impact
- Establish KPIs to constantly identify opportunities to optimize performance
A successful candidate will:
- Passion for Results: Maintain high standards for the individual, team, and organizational accomplishment; tenaciously work to meet or exceed challenging goals; derive satisfaction from goal achievement and continuous improvement.
- Communication and Influence Skills: Clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas to individuals and groups; communicate in a focused and compelling way that captures and holds others’ attention. Create and execute influencing strategies that persuade key stakeholders to take action towards advancing shared interests and business goals. Balance results with relationship.
- Analytical Skills: Secure and compare information from multiple sources to identify core issues; commit to an action plan after weighing alternative solutions against decision criteria; proactively and quickly make sense of complex issues; respond effectively to complex and ambiguous situations.
- Business Acumen: Demonstrate a keen understanding of basic business operations and the organizational levers (systems, processes, departments, functions) that drive profitable growth; draw from personal experience to quickly evaluate business plans and processes to identify data or recommendations that need further investigation.
- Decision making: Use a factual approach to decision-making by systematically collecting valid and reliable data. Rely on the data rather than on emotions. Have the backbone to disagree and commit to decisions towards better business outcomes.
- 5~8 years’ experience in strategic Partnerships with issuing banks or card networks and other significant payment partners, with a track record of launching Partnerships that deliver significant business impact
- 5~8 years of experience in independently negotiating large contracts, preferably in an ecommerce or IT services environment
- Travel or Airline or payments industry knowledge is a plus but is not required,
WHY JOIN US:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
#LI-JA1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.