Principal Program Manager at Expedia Group
Do you naturally lead cross-group teams to gain alignment, simplify processes, and drive efficiency to exceed an outcome? Expedia’s Conversation Platform & Customer Engagement (CPCE) group is looking for a high-performing Program Manager to join our Product team.
Expedia is building the Travel Platform to bring the world within reach for millions of customers. As part of this, we are building EG's Conversation Platform, which automates the most challenging travel journeys and intelligently connects travellers, suppliers, and agents. Our Chatbots use AI to learn new capabilities and continuously improve through network effects.
What you'll do with us:
- Work across Product and Technology functions to ensure alignment and efficiency.
- Design and implement operating standards for how workstreams and programs should be led, tracked, and executed.
- Organize and motivate teams to deliver against our objectives and key results, and driving decision making.
- Work with and train other Product team members to develop processes and standard methodologies to support the Product function in CPCE.
- Set up and maintain portfolio and program management tools.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for CPCE for cross company intake, Product Reviews, and Product Planning standardization forums.
- Evangelize the platform and guide other teams to enable their product vision while maintaining the overall Conversational Experience quality.
- Work closely with the Product Leadership team, and engage regularly with CPCE leadership.
- Help lead the organization through change, evolution, and growth.
Who you are:
- 8+ years of Program Management or related experience in a forward-thinking, fast paced team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative environment with heavy emphasis on partnership
- Experience driving strategic initiatives while engaging and collaborating with multi-discipline teams and leaders
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, including concise verbal and written executive-level communications
- For clarity, this is not a technical, software development PM position; this is a business change and program management role that requires product/technology partnership
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.