Principal Program Manager
Blue Nile is seeking a Program Manager to join our technology team and drive critical cross-functional programs necessary for our business’s successes. The individual will need to rely on a strong background in program/project management to oversee a diverse portfolio work that can include items date-drive customer features, multi-year platform migrations and internal programs designed to make Blue Nile a great place to work. Excellent communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills are required; a strong sense of ownership is also critical. We are a small company and you’ll be working with a small team – your work will directly impact our bottom line and the team’s ability to work through their queue as efficiently as possible.
Blue Nile is the largest online retailer of certified diamonds, engagement rings and fine jewelry. Our corporate offices are located in Seattle’s vibrant Pioneer Square district, home to the latest wave of internet startups and packed with restaurants and excellent access to transportation and entertainment. Our dress code favors jeans and our facilities include bike racks, showers, and great access to the waterfront and Myrtle Edwards Park for activities.
- Work across Product and Technology functions to ensure alignment and efficiency
- Design and implement operating standards for how workstreams and programs should be led, tracked, and executed
- Organize and motivate teams to deliver against our objectives and key results, and driving decision making
- Set up and maintain portfolio and program management tools
- Serve as the primary point of contact for cross-company intake, Product Reviews, and Product Planning standardization forums
- Work closely with the Product Leadership team, and engage regularly with the leadership team
- Help lead the organization through change, evolution, and growth
- 8+ years of Program Management or related experience in a forward-thinking, fast-paced team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative environment with a heavy emphasis on partnership
- Experience driving strategic initiatives while engaging and collaborating with multi-discipline teams and leaders
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, including concise verbal and written executive-level communications
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape