Product Manager, AR/VR
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
As a Product Manger with Axon Training, you will lead development of the newest medium impacting law enforcement training, and develop training solutions for thousands of law enforcement agencies around the world. You will use virtual and augmented reality to help achieve training outcomes that have not yet been realized, and do so at scale. You will join an interdisciplinary team tackling the biggest challenges in law enforcement training head-on, including immersive VR-based empathy development training and use of force training to help officers engage with the communities they serve with greater awareness and safety.
Your primary responsibility will be to design, develop, and improve our growing portfolio of VR/AR products and services. You will be in constant communication with users and customers, and act as their voice inside Axon. You will work with teams both internal and external to Axon to ensure high quality results.
The ideal candidate for this role will think strategically while executing at a rapid pace. You have passion, empathy, and a history of putting users' needs first. You are excited to work in a unique problem space, and to make a real impact.
Your Day to Day
- Lead product development for Axon’s VR/AR-based training initiatives, working cross-functionally with Training/Education, Software, Hardware, Marketing, and Support teams to execute on Axon’s strategic plan
- Engage with police officers, trainers, and agencies globally to discover user needs and painpoints
- Own development and execution of product roadmaps related to 360 Video, VR, and AR-based products
- Design and develop proof-of-concepts with internal and external engineering teams and lead customer validation and review
- Develop and foster strategic relationships with product development partners in the AR/VR/360 industry
- Support go-to-market and post-launch activity for all of Axon’s AR/VR-based training products
- B.S or M.S in related fields
- 5+ years consumer software product leadership experience involving 1.0 products
- Experience in hardware/software engineering
- Communication and presentation experience plus experience working with technical teams
- Experience in content development, game development, Unity/Unreal
- Classroom experience in adult education/learning/tutoring
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description