Program Manager, Convoy Go at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:07 a.m. (PST) on Monday, September 20, 2021
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
Convoy Go is Convoy’s drop and hook program. Drop and hook is when trailers are dropped off at a facility giving the shipper flexibility on when to load the trailer, carrier's flexibility when to pick it up and dramatically reduces the waiting time at each location. Convoy offers a unique solution to these shipments with their Universal Trailer Pool, which increases efficiency and enables a larger supply base to do shipments typically only reserved for large carriers. Drop shipments represent over 70% of the volume many enterprise shippers do today, and the segment is one of the fastest growing in freight. Convoy Go is working to redefine drop-and-hook across the entire freight industry with unparalleled flexibility, efficiency, and service.
As a Senior Program Manager on the Convoy Go team, you will be responsible for incubating new and innovative programs that will be critical to the long term success of Convoy, and manage cross-functional processes that will enable Convoy Go to be the most flexible, efficient, and effective drop provider in the industry.
- Set Strategy: You will identify and drive action against the key strategy questions for new programs and offerings across Convoy Go.
- Innovate: You will drive the future of Convoy Go’s trailer network with industry changing innovations and programs that scale. You will systematically explore new products and programs, understanding gaps between the current product and the future state, and working closely with product, ops, and business counterparts to identify, prioritize, and close these gaps.
- Plan & Execute: Own end to end exploration, piloting, and scaling of new programs. You will own business metrics and execute projects that reach across Convoy to enable Convoy Go to grow and scale.
- Cross-functional partnership: You will partner closely across technical and business functions to pilot and learn and will help evangelize the long term vision of the Go business.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 7+ years of experience at a top tier consulting firm, tech company, fortune 500, or logistics. Program management, or operations management experience are a plus.
- Strategy: You are able to develop, own and drive programs that are a part of the larger strategic vision for Convoy.
- Just do it attitude: You have strong operational mindedness and have an ability to excel in a dynamic work environment.
- The ability to influence without authority: You drive effective teamwork, collaboration, and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities. You have an executive presence with the ability to succinctly, confidently, and articulately defend and challenge positions in both verbal and written communications.
- Communications: You have excellent written and oral communication skills. You clearly communicate goals, issues, and status to all stakeholders and partners.
- Judgment: You can assess costs, benefits, and risks to programs. You can identify and respond to risks and high-priority issues rapidly and effectively.
- Influence and organize: You drive effective teamwork, collaboration, and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
- Organizational and time management skills; Ability to prioritize workload, manage multiple projects, tasks and stakeholders, and manage upwards.
- Comfortable with intermediate data analytical skills (SQL, Excel and/or similar)
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!