Project Quality Specialist at DefinedCrowd
Who are we?
Who is DefinedCrowd? Well, from a technical point of view, we leverage the power of a global crowd to provide some of the world’s biggest companies with the high-quality data they need to power their artificial intelligence. We’re instrumental to the progression and development of artificial intelligence and we couldn’t be prouder or more inspired to be involved in an industry that is changing the world.
From a personal point of view, we’re a group of big thinkers, high achievers and creative problem solvers. We bond over our shared love of software engineering, data science, and strong coffee. We like online gaming, running marathons, and team drinks. We celebrate authenticity and diversity and we’re invested in what we do. Our mission? World domination, obviously!
What will you do?
- As a Project Quality Specialist you are responsible for maintaining and improving the high standards of data quality that our company is known for. You will work with a cross-functional squad and tackle multiple projects at the same time.
- Analyze input data and leverage your domain knowledge and statistical knowledge to design custom resources for measuring and assessing quality;
- Establish a framework for language experts to create and curate gold-standard annotations;
- Design and implement processes to monitor quality at scale;
- Analyze real-time user metrics on our platform and perform corrective actions to ensure that projects are delivered on time and with a high level of confidence in the quality of the deliverables;
- Validate that our deliverables meet the KPIs before they are packaged and sent to our clients;
- Perform data cleansing operations as needed;
- Facilitate a collaborative environment aligned with company objectives.
Who are we looking for?
Do you have the drive to work in an innovative and ambitious environment?
We’re looking for someone with a determined and proactive mindset, someone inspired and passionate to help us achieve our goals. Our successful candidate is a strong critical thinker, reliable and transparent, with an ability to learn and communicate. We’re looking for someone special to contribute to our unique culture.
Our Project Quality Specialist would have:
- BSc/MSc in Computational Linguistics, Data Science or equivalent work experience;
- General understanding of machine-learning, data collection and data labeling processes;
- Familiarity with databases and query languages;
- Experience with Python or similar scripting language in the context of data cleansing;
- Keen interest in the fields of speech processing and/or NLP;
- Experience in applied statistical analysis;
- Proven ability to effectively coordinate with internal teams throughout a project lifecycle.
Why Join Us?
You spend a lot of your time at work, so it should be challenging, fun and interesting. At DefinedCrowd, it will be all of those things and more. Here’s what we offer:
- A unique culture, healthy working environment, and a flexible work schedule so that you can retain your work-life balance.
- Excellent career development opportunities in a high growth company
- Access to an excellent compensation and benefits package
- An international and diverse team, representing +30 nationalities at our 4 locations
- Global mobility and relocation support with the help of our specialized team
- Continuous training opportunities leveraging hand-on workshops and formal development opportunities
DefinedCrowd offers a platform with multiple data delivery options that leverages machine learning technology and human intelligence to deliver quality-guaranteed training data for AI systems. The platform offers self-service and fully customizable solutions that deliver high-quality project-specific training data, enabling AI products reach market quicker. It is this business model that has allowed DefinedCrowd to raise a total of $63.6M in funding over 4 rounds. Our value proposition is quality, privacy, speed and scale, covering more than 50 different languages. With strong expertise in speech and natural language processing technologies, we have been serving AI companies and Fortune 500 companies since day one. DefinedCrowd was founded in Seattle and has offices in Lisbon, Porto and Tokyo.