RN- Behavioral Health Clinician- Government Solutions (Registered Nurse) at Accolade
Accolade is a personalized health and benefits solution that dramatically improves the experience, outcomes and cost of healthcare for employers, health plans and their members. With a unique blend of compassionate advisors, clinical experts and intelligent technologies, we engage individuals and families in their health, establish trust, and influence their decisions at every stage of care. Accolade connects the widest array of personal health data and programs to present a single point of contact to the most effective health and benefits resources, while coordinating with providers at every step.Job Description
As an Accolade Behavioral Health Clinician, you will be a trusted go-to resource who helps our beneficiaries with any issues related to their mental health / substance abuse needs or behavioral health benefits. You’ll have the opportunity to help beneficiaries get the right care at the right time… no problem is too big or too small.
A day in the life…
We do lot of great things over the phone and through digital technology- you’ll answer inbound calls and messages, and place outbound calls and digital messages to connect with beneficiaries in the way that works best for them.
- Be a trusted source > Building trust builds relationships > Building relationships enables you to ask deep rooted questions > Asking deep rooted questions enables you to influence care decisions
- Conduct behavioral and clinical assessments to identify an individual’s behavioral and clinical needs in a holistic manner
- Become knowledgeable on our beneficiaries’ employer-sponsored benefits so you’re able to answer questions around medical/behavioral benefits, claims, care coordination and other complexities of the healthcare system. This will include explaining complicated behavioral health and benefits terms in plain language
- Educate individuals on appropriate care, and settings for their behavioral healthcare needs
- Assist individuals to understand diagnostic tests, test alternatives, costs, risks, treatment options, preparing for hospital admissions, inpatient stays and discharge
- Interface with beneficiary’s health plans to facilitate coverage and care decisions, and direct individuals to facilities, agencies and specialists for care, work with beneficiary-appointed delegates and interface with providers to coordinate care
- Get a holistic view of who our beneficiaries are, understand what’s important to them and provide options so they can make an informed decision about their true care needs
- Educate and empower our beneficiaries so they’re able to confidently navigate the healthcare system and their TRICARE benefits – getting the right care at the right time is important
- Advocate for our beneficiaries who can’t advocate for themselves
- Do the legwork when needed to make the cumbersome feel easier and speak in plain language with our beneficiaries
- Be comfortable to be uncomfortable
- Be the go-to person on your team and with your beneficiaries because of who you are and how you do it
- Master the ability to collaborate with team members to deliver best possible service experience to our beneficiaries
- Have the ability and capacity to accept and implement feedback… being agile is essential for success
- Making Accolade the best place to work in the world is an “all in” job. Our Behavioral Health Clinicians are involved in Employee Resource Groups, Spirit Committees and other projects as they gain tenure in the organization.
What we are looking for…
- Hold a current/active RN License
- Minimum of 5 years as a registered nurse in a behaviroal health setting
- Computer strength is a MUST – you’ll be listening, talking, typing – all at one time
- Be an empathetic critical thinker – there are no scripts here – speak with your mind and heart, be able to think outside of the box on a large variety of topics from depression to detox!
- Ability to pass Federal Government background check
- A clinicial looking for a challenge and to help build/define a new business unit within Accolade
- Experience with TRICARE a plus
What is important to us
Creating an enduring company that is hyper-focused on our culture and making a meaningful impact in the lives of our employees, members and customers. The secret to our success is:
We find joy and purpose in serving others
Making a difference in our members’ and customers’ lives is what we do. Even when it’s hard, we do the right thing for the right reasons.
We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful
Trusting in our colleagues and embracing their different backgrounds and experiences enable us to solve tough problems in creative ways, having fun along the way.
We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done
Results motivate us. And we aren't afraid of the hard work or tough decisions needed to get us there.
We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare
We're curious and act big - not afraid to knock down barriers or take calculated risks to change the world, one person at a time.
*All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.